STD alert posting

A provider recently posted herpes alert on herself. She just got banned and thread got deleted. I am not sure the reason behind it or if it broke any ECCIE rules. Herpes is not end of the world but if it is more serious disease, I think any person who saw her recently has all the rights to know.

Personally we all know the risk we take and this is not unexpected. News like this is opportunity for the eccie community to remind ourselves to play safe. For some reason if ECCIE does not allow reporting like that in public, I hope it at least encourage provider to inform those she saw via PM in this case. If I were one of them, I would definitely want to know.
Wow.
#16 - Posting about/Speculating about another person's medical condition is strictly forbidden. If a member encounters a medical issue and would like to get feedback from others or share it with the community, this would be allowed, but under no circumstances is a member to discuss or state anything about another member in this regard, unless it is in response to a question posed by that member.

http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5
#16 - .......... If a member encounters a medical issue and would like to get feedback from others or share it with the community, this would be allowed.........http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5 Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
She is sharing her own condition so it should not be deleted then. I am sure it is not easy decision for her or very brave of her to report on herself.
I got private requests asking who the provider is. Am I allowed to release the information?
The account has been compromised and if you've been around you'll know that's more than likely what happens when a scenario like this occurs. It's unfortunate but it happens from time to time.

You're absolutely correct you do have the right to share YOUR medical condition however in this particular situation that wasn't the case which is why the post was removed. The young lady informed is way before the account posted. Not everyone in hobbyland is clear cut.
When was the last time you saw a provider honestly post an STD alert on herself?
Unless you are actually at the doctor with someone and see the blood test results leave the physician's hands and land in this other person's clutches, it is all just speculation and hearsay. Nobody knows ANYTHING for sure about anyone.

Hackers can go anywhere. For all you know, OP, next week someone may post an ad under your handle attesting that you have had a sex change operation and are now offering $20 BBBJCIM and just LOVE hard-slapping Greek for $40.

The subsequent review would be quite amusing.
that was a scare...lol
  • WTF
  • 09-17-2014, 01:42 PM
. Nobody knows ANYTHING for sure about anyone.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Yet we post all the time like we do.

.......Nobody knows ANYTHING for sure about anyone. Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Well...in hotel I stayed at a few months ago...the very cute, sweet and bubble-butted waitress in the restaurant had quite the crusty outbreak on her upper lip.

I was pretty SURE about that one. No blood test needed.

She was very young, too...maybe only 20. It really surprised me seeing that.

Anyway, carry on.
......the very cute, sweet and bubble-butted waitress in the restaurant had quite the crusty outbreak on her upper lip. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter

Always use a napkin.
That's fucked up. I know a dude who hates his baby momma so bad he'd want to find a broad with herpes, catch it from her, then infect his baby momma.

Dammit,

Thought I had a good lead for him.
Well...in hotel I stayed at a few months ago...the very cute, sweet and bubble-butted waitress in the restaurant had quite the crusty outbreak on her upper lip.

I was pretty SURE about that one. No blood test needed.

She was very young, too...maybe only 20. It really surprised me seeing that.

Anyway, carry on. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Depending on which heathcare site estimate you accept, anywhere from 40-60% of the American public is infected with oral Herpes. Most get it as a child, many as teens. Ever had a cold sore or fever blister? You got Herpes. That's probably what the cute, young waitress had, and she may not have done much more to get it than kiss her cousin.

There are actually 25 different types of known Herpes viruses divided into sub-categories, 8 of them communicable among humans, and once one of 'em is in your system, it's always there and can pop up again years later if the immune system is compromised. (Stress is a big factor.) Chicken pox is Varicella virus, and the shingles you may get down the road subsequent to that are Varicella-Zoster virus. OMG, I had chicken pox! I have Herpes! EEEEEKKKK!!!!

Up to 90% of the American population has been exposed to chicken pox, but thank God for modern medicine and vaccinations. Obviously I never got that shot. Dang it. It was Christmas and I was 22 years old and had to be quarantined all alone in my apartment. Contracted it from a busload of young kids I had chaperoned to Universal Studios in California 2 weeks earlier. Santa totally passed my stocking by, red-suited fat bastard. I became very well-acquainted with Jameson-spiked eggnog that year. My granny left it on the porch. Had to drink myself into incoherence to stop the infernal itching.

The breakdown:
  • Type 1- Oral Herpes (HSV-1)
  • Type 2- Genital Herpes (HSV-2)
  • Type 3- Chicken Pox and Shingles (HHV-3)
  • Type 4- Epstein Barr virus (EBV), can cause Mononucleosis. (The kissing disease!)
  • Type 5- Cytomegalovirus (CMV), can also cause Mononucleosis.
  • Type 6 and 7- Roseolovirus (HHV-6a and HHV-6B and HHV-7)
  • Type 8- Kapasi’s Sarcoma (KSHV)

School's out. Leave my apple on the desk, please.
Fancy broke it all the way down!