The number you use to hobby

Might also be linked to your Facebook page... in which anyone that searches "find friend" on Facebook via their phone, will have your first and last name and be able to pull up your profile (if it isn't private that is)

I stumbled upon this last night while using my phone to search for an old friend from High School. What happens though is anyone in your contacts that has their number listed on their Facebook page, comes up to suggest to add them. I have seen now ladies and gents in this business who hobby/provide and now know their personal Facebook pages. Along with what is personal information.

Just an FYI... might want to either delete your number off your page, or get a different phone number for hobbying.
Brooke,

Thank you for this information! Smart phones can be a REAL LIFE pain in the ... neck!
staff edit by jymie: remove prohibited topic related photo

• cnym
  • 11-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Brooke,
May I add another item to the list. "email"

I have noticed in the past that some people were not careful enough and were using their Hobby email also as their real life email.

As mush as the ladies like to screen and verify, I am not ashamed to say that I also like to do my Homework before I contact any of the ladies.
I have used Google, pipl and spokeo in some cases to look up phone numbers or email addresses. Afterall My safety is just as important to me as the ladies safety is important to her.
Yes, that is how I found out some real identities, and advised the providers to change them for their safety.

The 2 Golden rules
1) hobby email
2) hobby phone
staff edit by jymie: remove prohibited topic related photo

just say no
  • GP
  • 11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
It's not just phone numbers it is able to find. It also links pics.
  • LynnT
  • 11-03-2011, 08:43 PM
View FB in a secure browser.. that shit tracks your email, net browsing patterns etc.. It will have people pop in your "you may know" that you've been in email contact with.

Their face recognition is pretty advanced so to speak, beware of FB for sure as much is it can be a great tool. Use wisely.
I don't care to know anyone's facebook identity and I don't want their pet hair on my clothes either! Keep peace
  • GP
  • 11-05-2011, 06:50 AM
I hate pet hair, especially when DATY!
  • cnym
  • 11-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I hate pet hair, especially when DATY! Originally Posted by GP
Think of it as Dental Floss and you will be fine
You would be surprised how many ladies use there hobby email to setup there facebook.
  • GP
  • 11-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Or their pics they use to advertise are also on their FB profile.

I have discovered the true identity of countless upstate NY providers by accident this way.
Or their pics they use to advertise are also on their FB profile.

I have discovered the true identity of countless upstate NY providers by accident this way. Originally Posted by GP
The FB does comes in handy with the backpage girls. And most do use the pics they advertise with.
From advice I recieved here, I bought a cheap pre-paid phone cash. I buy reloads with cash and never use any thing but my first name. This is the only link to any on-line identity. I may be being overly cautious, but its working fine for me so far. Any other security tips I would love to hear, thanks
  • jimny
  • 11-05-2011, 04:41 PM
You would be surprised how many ladies use there hobby email to setup there facebook. Originally Posted by b-lo shmoe
And the pictures they advertise with as there FB picture.