On another funny note...

I'm sure those of you who do freelance work or are in sales/biz dev/account management will find this amusing.

I'm sure the providers will also see some parallels to our little world.

http://laughingsquid.com/vendor-clie...he-real-world/

And let's hope nobody takes this little video joke too seriously. There are other threads to post the negativity.
That's right on target and hilarious!!!!
LOL I'm glad I've never been in quite that scenario! *awkward!* Very pertinent, young lady.

Thanks for sharing...
Sophia, I loved it LOL That would be so sad!!!! :}3
Too funny! Thanks for sharing, love.
OMG if I had a $ for every time I used the "so you would like me to work for free" line I could probably work for free.
hehe!
I rarely get haggled. Next time I do, in my head I'll be thinking:
"SIR, WE'RE NOT A TACO STAND!"

That was my favorite line, by the way!

Recently the media has been reporting on women and haggling. They say that women CEOs loose companies money because they don't haggle when waging big business deals. Seven or so years ago this same topic was on Oprah and I tried to convince myself to haggle more. Personally, it's not in me. I just keep it pushn' and try to find a bargain. And If I truly feel like I'm missn' out on something I fork over the extra cash. That's just me!
  • Carl
  • 09-29-2010, 09:26 PM
You are obviously not a taco stand. Clearly built like a brick house.
Ok so today I want the 1 hr GFE with full menu plus an extra 20 minutes but can only pay for a BNG cause that's what I budgeted for. What do you mean get out? Ok so I'll work with you on the overtime and make it up to you in the tip Next time. I promise. lol
hehe!
I rarely get haggled. Next time I do, in my head I'll be thinking:
"SIR, WE'RE NOT A TACO STAND!"

That was my favorite line, by the way!

Recently the media has been reporting on women and haggling. They say that women CEOs loose companies money because they don't haggle when waging big business deals. Seven or so years ago this same topic was on Oprah and I tried to convince myself to haggle more. Personally, it's not in me. I just keep it pushn' and try to find a bargain. And If I truly feel like I'm missn' out on something I fork over the extra cash. That's just me! Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
This has always been something I have observed as well. It seems it takes a sort of aggressive personality (or good training) to ask for more money or, on the other side, a bigger discount. Any job I've ever had where there was a large enough workforce for me to observe a pattern, the men always got paid more because they were willing to go to the boss and demand more. It was always the men complaining about their salaries and the women just doing the work with their mouths shut. And some of the female freelancers I know get screwed out of a lot of money because they don't have the balls (literally and figuratively) to properly negotiate a good contract. Of course there are wussy dudes with the same problem. I think I'm a pretty brassy broad but asking for more money -- or a lower price -- freaks me out. That's one thing I would like to get better at. I instinctively give a low-ball quote so as not to offend rather than giving a really high quote so that we can begin to negotiate down.
So, I know the guy at the video store. I deal with people like him all the time. Not on price, but more like "break the law and your company's police to accomodate me, we can make this happen".

Occaisionally people haggle on price, but since about 6 months ago we dropped all our prices to be more competitive, no one haggles, and we make more money......

imagine....
I instinctively give a low-ball quote so as not to offend rather than giving a really high quote so that we can begin to negotiate down. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
Me too. But when I think about it I feel like telln' myself:
"GIRL, you need to reach deep down inside and fish out some Ethical Egoism quick!"

Or maybe we should both just, GROW A PAIR!

But I suppose I would be a "oh shit!"-house, and you would be sensational sophia!

P.S. I truly enjoy threads like this. As apposed to, business is slow, or her rates are to high. Quick somebody call 9-wheaa-wheaa!
P.S. I truly enjoy threads like this. As apposed to, business is slow, or her rates are to high. Quick somebody call 9-wheaa-wheaa! Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
Me too. Sometimes I feel like asking if they'd like some cheese to go with that whine. Can't afford her? find someone you can. Not making enough money? change your business strategy.
P.S. I truly enjoy threads like this. As apposed to, business is slow, or her rates are to high. Quick somebody call 9-wheaa-wheaa! Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure no one has been whining about price.

What HAS been said amounts to:

hobbyists "look I don't have the money to hobby as often or see the girls I want to see"

providers "well if you can't afford it, look somehwere else"

hobbyists "that's what we are doing, and might be why business is slow"

There is a direct correlation between the two. I think providers should charge what they want, but I answered Karma's question. She wanted to know what would get more guys in the door, the answer was simple, we are hurting too, lower prices would work.
There are other threads to have a debate about who said what when and who is wrong and who is right. This is a joke.