The Greatest Opening Monologue In Award Show History

That was pretty funny. Gervais just doesn't give a shit and he never has. He's always appeared to me to be fully aware that what he does for a living is not that serious and he comes across that way. He has been consistent about how he is amused by how American Hollywood celebrities take themselves so seriously.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...world-n2558992

a bunch of celebs winced and shifted nervously at his comments. of course, that didn't stop the celebs doing their no nothing spiel at the podium.

they were truly clueless.
I didn't watch the awards show. But, I did look at the video that the OP posted. It was funny. Gervais was correct when he told them that they had as much education as that 16 year old Swedish weirdo and to keep their acceptance speeches short.

Who the fuck wants to hear about climate change or anything else political from some actor/actress who flies around the world in private jets and has no sense of reality?
  • WTF
  • 01-07-2020, 03:55 AM
To be fair....who wants to here from a B list celebrity who made famous, "You're Fired".

There are some of us who don't want to hear from either a 16 year old or a 75 year old man who colors himse6in orange.

To be fair, stop hijacking my thread. There's nothing about Trump in that video. Reported. Get help.
I cant' stand the politicized themes of any and all of these pat themselves on the back award shows, but after watching the video in the OP, I almost wish I had watched this.

Tom Hanks expression in response to Gervais was both expected and priceless.
we were going to do an "in-memoriam" this year, but when i saw the list of people who died, it wasn’t diverse enough; no, it was mostly white people and I thought, nah, not on my watch