Best Bahn Mi in DFW

Since we've decided to become foodies in addition to horndogs, where can you get the best bahn mi in Dallas (Garland, surrounding areas).

My first choice is Ba Le in Garland at 3526 W Walnut St
Garland, TX 75042.

2nd choice is Pho Pasteur in Richardson.

Others?
Ha! can a "best cha gio" (egg rolls) be far behind?

I can't improve on your choice.. haven't had Banh Mi at Pho Pasteur, but they are otherwise solid. Ba Le is a great choice, I go to the Arlington location, wedged between Pioneer Pkwy and Arkansas.. their Banh Bao is terrific too.
Across the street at 3419 W Walnut is Quoc Bao Bakery. Their bread is different from Ba Le, not as airy but crisp and chewy. Buy 3 get one free. Gee, I wish I had a Vietnamese girlfriend at an AMP I could bring these to.
The best banh mi bar none is Banh Mi # 1 located inside the foodcourt of Saigon Mall.
you basically can't go wrong, Viet food-wise, with 3 streets in the Metroplex:

Walnut (Garland)
Pioneer Pkwy (Arlington)
Beach/Belknap corridor (Fort Worth)

in that order...

Campbell in Richardson is mostly solid
  • Uncas
  • 07-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Chung, If only a sweet little viet girl was there for egg roll and L1 at one stop life would be perfect
Chung, If only a sweet little viet girl was there for egg roll and L1 at one stop life would be perfect Originally Posted by Uncas
Ha!

how great would that be? we can't even get a Vietnamese Coffee Shop with hot Servers in our area.. California and Seattle can, why can't we?
Ha!

how great would that be? we can't even get a Vietnamese Coffee Shop with hot Servers in our area.. California and Seattle can, why can't we? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Maybe we should check the providers you saw in the 90s and see if they popped out a little chung to provide these services.
  • mm03
  • 07-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Nammi is pretty good. But you need to chase them down.

mm