Ourhome2 acess.

Anyone able to get into ourhome2
Not an Eccie issue, moved from Questions for Staff
Anyone able to get into ourhome2 Originally Posted by Frauenheld
Nope.
I can but only using the Puffin browser, which is free only in the mobile version. So no OH2 from desktop for me. I think it's OK if you use VPN, and I'm too cheap for that, although I should spend the money for other reasons.
Firefox has no problems. Proton VPN connected from Canada works fine too.
Firefox desktop gives me an error that says the connection was reset while the page was loading. When I try Edge/Chrome desktop, my antivirus software blocks the page as infected with URL:Blacklist. I could always uninstall the antivirus; it won't seem to let me make an exception.

Puffin and Safari both work (mobile). Chrome mobile just gives me Hello World.

This just started last week, so probably related to a browser or antivirus update. If I cared enough, I'd probably get a VPN, but until the OH2 folks figure out why so many people can't load photos, it's hard to get very excited about it.

Too bad nobody seems interested in using PacePro. That site always works in all browsers on all of my devices.
  • Mokoa
  • 11-20-2023, 03:07 PM
Have had no issues accessing OH2 on my Windows laptop and my android phone using Firefox.
No issues
Laptop and desktop both running Windows with Chrome as browser
Handheld - Android w/ Chrome

How many of you have not cleared out their browser cache's?
My issue was my antivirus. I figured out how to make an exception and now I'm back on with all of the desktop browsers that I normally use.
slocum brings up a good point.

Almost all of the virus softwares have built-in upon install (and during updates) various "listed" sites that may not be community standards desirable. Especially if you have the "younger folks safety switch active" on your home network or the individual machines. So yes you may have to add exceptions to those lists. But, be very very careful that you do not turn off the software.
Thanks so much. I never thought of that and it worked.
Yep, I had to do the same exact thing. I went ahead and bookmarked Oh2 and P411 so I can access them easier now.
Firefox and Brave browsers both allow seemingly hassle-free access to the site. I typically activate ProtonVPN before visiting, and only occasionally run into a blocked IP issue. Reconnecting to a different ProtonVPN endpoint usually fixes the problem on the first try. I have noticed though that attempting to access the site from their root domain does not redirect you to their homepage, but using their home subdomain works consistently.