Outcalls for locals....

So I fully understand the point of outcalls if I'm traveling to a different city, already have a hotel room, and want a provider to come to me.

But for those of us who live in DFW, how exactly does an outcall work? You either: -Have a provider come to your home, which seems sketchy at best.
-Get a hotel room, which seems like a waste of money since you'd use it for an hour

The part I really don't understand though, is a lot of providers charge more for an outcall.... so I have to pay the provider $50 more for the outcall and on top of that I have to pickup the cost of the hotel room, another $100 or so.... Shouldn't an outcall from a provider be cheaper than their incall rate, ESPECIALLY if she doesn't have an incall?

What am I missing here.... can someone help me to understand how to best use the outcall?
Because we have to spend gas and time driving to your location for your convenience so an outcall fee is usually standard.

Most guys that are locals and request outcalls are single and dont mind entertaining in there home. Maybe they are more comfortable unwinding in their own environment?

As long as you do your research and choose a quality provider with a good rep the chances of her going batshit are low.

Maybe the gent isnt comfortable visiting an incall location and would feel more comfortable getting a hotel.

There are many scenarios that come into play here