Tornados/Storms

I hope that everyone from the board wasn't affected by this rash of storms recently, and if they were or you know someone that was affected, I pray they can come through this bad time with support from family and friends........

Sorry Alabama I could not believe it my self!!! You will be in my prayer and thoughts and I hope that you will get through it. Be safe out there!!!
My family luckily is ok. We are staying in Atlanta till I get power back at the house. Hope everyone else came through ok. I know I have heard from most of my friends and everyone is safe.
God bless everyone my prayers are with you. Stay safe.
I'm on my way home to S MS from the NE and have stopped near Chattanooga. In SW VA, I passed an area that had been affected by the storms, and it was stunning - and not in a good way. I could hardly believe what I saw. It reminded me of returning home after Katrina, except that the debris was all right there and not swept inland from the beach.

Tomorrow, I'm passing through Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, and I suspect my eyes will tear up again for those people. Once you've been through something like this, you know what they're feeling.

I hope everyone in ECCIE is OK.

JaG
I was through there the day after and it was surreal and it reminded me of when Katrina hit as well...Please if you make contact with any ladies who need help have them PM me....
I'm on my way home to S MS from the NE and have stopped near Chattanooga. In SW VA, I passed an area that had been affected by the storms, and it was stunning - and not in a good way. I could hardly believe what I saw. It reminded me of returning home after Katrina, except that the debris was all right there and not swept inland from the beach.

Tomorrow, I'm passing through Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, and I suspect my eyes will tear up again for those people. Once you've been through something like this, you know what they're feeling.

I hope everyone in ECCIE is OK.

JaG Originally Posted by JustaGuyinMS
I have a ton of childrens clothes that I am going to donate to Red Cross unless anyone knows someone personally that is in need, All boys All sizes, shoes too. I would be willing to deliver them to Tuscaloosa, if any of my eccie friends know personally of a specific need. yall can pm me..
Thankfully me and my family are safe but alot of people have not been as luck as me...we just got power back today and some are still without power and water...if there is anyone that needs help i am in north alabama and will help all i can......
They need anything and everything. Looks like they detonated a nuclear warhead. I have been through one tornado in TN - it was nothing compared to the devastation in AL.

Canned food, tarps, diapers, medicines, pet food, socks, toothbrushes....just name it.

Amazingly resilient people @ Tusca. And amazing people helping them.
Ike, you and I have come across each other's paths over the years and you know what, I just wanna say that you are always so nice and sincere. Vic and Jag are newer to these boards than you but they think a lot like you too. Good guys. Thank you for the prayer Sweetheart and I am glad to see "the mod thing" hasn't ruined your personality *winks*. You had your work cut out for ya for sure. I haven't heard that anyone from the board lost anyone but my friend lost a good friend in Tusc. He was running to his truck from his cousin's house trying to get away from it and was slammed up against a tree. The impact killed him. The vibe of death and destruction is everywhere and everybody impacted feels for everyone going through it in Joplin and Oklahoma. I wanna send "best wishes" back to ya for the extremes you deal with too. Stay sweet

For those of you are not familiar with Ike, he is the best mod on this site. He handles everything he comes across very professionally and pretty much is always right on target; much like Vic and Jag but he was pretty well known on the mother board and has been around for a long while so he is more well known and site traveled. He has also been around long enough to have an experience in common with so many of us veterans in that he has been the target of the "board trolls" in the past and he handled it better than I have ever seen anyone handle it; including myself and he mod spanked me for it. I would guess this is why they made him a "super mod". Did ya know I remember your old drama too Ike? (No, I'm not sucking up, lol, just speaking up from my experience). If you are ever surfing the site and run across the "veteran attackers" on any one of the site's boards then send him the links and he will investigate without bias to any individual; and he won't say a word til he knows exactly what's going on; and then he handles it without being disrespectful but doesn't leave any room for rebuttal. He's a real nice guy but nice is out the window when he mods cause he doesn't like drama. He's strictly professional. I friggin love it even though I have been on both sides of that coin! In fact, before he became a mod here this last time, I told him he should start his own site. The only other person I have ever told that to was CK when all that crap went down- so this coming from me is unheard.

You should be breaking in the new mods You have always made a good point. and had a realistic yet interesting point of view.

See St. Chris, I know we have disussed a few of my suggestions and I have posted some too for response and you paid attention. I appreciate that a lot. Putting Ike over that nightmare in Houston and making him a "super mod" for the whole site was a fabulous decision. Actually, the few new rules and Ike are the best decisions I have seen the site make. Thank you! Hopefully you take me serious about him training new mods (if he has time that is). He's fair and sophisticated about it. Definitely my favorite mod of ALL time and ever! Of course I had all ready told him and you this a while back when you were taking votes, Huh? I'm just sharing with these guys... info share, right?

Best Mod Ever cause he doesn't get caught up in board drama as a person or mod and he shows "NO" favoritism or judgment as a mod. Just the facts and he shoots straight forward with the experience to recognize bs. Ike for President *giggles*