Asian Spa Question

I've been thinking about visiting an AMP for the first time. However, I'm really nervous about it for some reason. Is there one that is in a nice part of town? By nice I mean not in an area where my car might get vandalized. Also is there a place that seems to really standout? I've read the tips on the Asian Spa review thread but they quality seems to be mixed at best. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. I'm not planning on doing this immediately, its just something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Theres one in Lewisville, your car probably wont get jacked, thats about all the good news.
I have a 'hobby vehicle'. Also doubles as my bad weather beater, Home Depot mulch retriever, gun range transport, and (generally speaking) any other job I don't care to pull up in a car that people gather around. May not be the best answer, but used vehicles these days are relatively inexpensive.

Hmm.. I wonder what the Providers think of when I pull in with 'the beater'. They have no idea what's stored in the garage
There is a very nice hotel across the street from Hawaii Spa. Just park your car there and walk across the street.
Had my car vandalized in very nice neighborhoods but never at an AMP. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • MRMR
  • 01-25-2010, 04:02 PM
I am with Shackleton on this one.
I park across the street at the hotel and walk over to Hawaii.
Hell, if your that concerned valet at the one on the corner and walk over.
Good Luck.
  • HUGO
  • 01-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Steele1234 if you are in the Far North Dallas/Plano area there are a couple of Asian SPA's located in professional white collar business complexes. Try Sunny Therapy or Great Wall, mid to higher end vehicles in both parking lots. I've been to many Dallas AMP's and never had my car vandalized, however the majority of my visits are during day light hours. If you want a great first AMP visit try Hawaii Spa and ask for Coco:-) Happy Hunting!!
I think car issues can happen all over. The main thing for a number of hobbyists is being able to explain to a SO why they were where they were if that happens to come up... Also, do you want the cops to come take a report etc.
If you want an AMP experience: table shower, full service assured, possible GFE, etc....
you pretty much have to go to the 'bad' areas.

If you want an Asian massage or body rub experience: probably no table shower, possibly hand job only (or less)....
there are places in store fronts, apartments, and houses all over town. Some of these places offer full service, and I did get GFE at one in Richardson a few times several years ago, but most are not the same as an AMP.

If your car is vandalized, drive it to where your wife "thinks" you were. Call the police and report it as if it happened there. Most likely they will take info over the phone, and not come out, and you'll have a report for your insurance company.
Dude, Yes there are some asian massage places up north but if you want a true "AMP" experience, you're best to try one of the well reviewed /long established places on the west side of Dallas... like Hawaii (probably best for 1st time), Smile, Oasis, 7th Heaven, among others.
About your car... All of these places have cameras on the parking lot. Just ask momasan to keep an eye on it. I've driven my corvette to these places and never had a problem. It's safer there than the average parking lot in the burbs...
First or second time I went to Hawaii, more than a year ago, there was a sign on or near the door warning about the potential for vehicle break-ins. When I asked about it, Mamasan said they did have occurrences. I take precautions like not leaving anything of value in sight when visiting. Lighting is better there now, and it seems like there are more cameras as well, but if there is a line of cars, probably not much can be seen several cars deep in the lot.
Regarding cameras, what will happen if Mamasan sees something suspicious occurring? Is she going out there? No. If at night, maybe security would go out? I’m not sure if there is always security present. Would she call LE? Not likely. Is she going to knock on the door or yell down the hallway that “someone walked into the parking lot!” Don’t think so, and by the time anyone got out there, smash and grab would be over and perpetrator gone. Haven’t had a problem, nor have I seen any evidence of a break in after many visits, but it is always on my mind when visiting (at least when I pull into the lot and walk out the door!).
Parking across the street has been suggested, and I’ve never tried that. Does the hotel have a security patrol and cameras? If no patrol, I'd think the risks would be similar or worse (bigger parking lot and more opportunities).
"CUSTOMA, YOU CAH IN TROUBA, YOU SUCKEE/FUCKEE QUICK!"
Go at lunch, park at Bucks next door to Hawaii Spa. Walk over. Have fun for your hour and then have lunch at Bucks. Honestly one of the best burgers in town.