New to Austin

Looking for a good healthy restaurant in North Austin.
Preferably close to the st johns 35 area.
Thank you!

XoXo
Millie
  • Oafer
  • 04-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Best deal on Austin . . . find a Whole Foods and do their "build your own" tacos for $3 each. Healthy as you want it and you can just keep adding and adding ingredients. Welcome to our fair city Millie
I know some spots but not sure if taco trucks and rib joints are considered healthy.
I know some spots but not sure if taco trucks and rib joints are considered healthy. Originally Posted by hardnfast
Fuck Healthy!.....

Where is the best Taco Truck!
Preferably close to the st johns 35 area. Originally Posted by Millie Dawn
Mothers Cafe is vegetarian, healthy, and delicious. I'm not a vegetarian but I still think it's great place to eat.

Chago's has killer Caribbean food and a very friendly staff. The menu can be healthy if you choose the right things. Everything I've had there has been fantastic. Quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Titaya's is a Thai place that was closed for about a year for an extended remodel. Before they closed this was one of my main places. I started going there when it was new and went at least once a week. Then they became very popular very quickly (hence the remodel). I haven't had a chance to eat there since the remodel since every time I drive by there's a line out the door. If you've got the time to wait, though, go for it, cause it's good.
Best deal on Austin . . . find a Whole Foods and do their "build your own" tacos for $3 each. Healthy as you want it and you can just keep adding and adding ingredients. Welcome to our fair city Millie Originally Posted by Oafer
Those sound delicious! And thank you!

I know some spots but not sure if taco trucks and rib joints are considered healthy. Originally Posted by hardnfast
Lol definitely love a good taco but I have to have some self restraint Lil

Fuck Healthy!.....

Where is the best Taco Truck! Originally Posted by Whispers
Lol eat one for me

Mothers Cafe is vegetarian, healthy, and delicious. I'm not a vegetarian but I still think it's great place to eat.

Chago's has killer Caribbean food and a very friendly staff. The menu can be healthy if you choose the right things. Everything I've had there has been fantastic. Quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Titaya's is a Thai place that was closed for about a year for an extended remodel. Before they closed this was one of my main places. I started going there when it was new and went at least once a week. Then they became very popular very quickly (hence the remodel). I haven't had a chance to eat there since the remodel since every time I drive by there's a line out the door. If you've got the time to wait, though, go for it, cause it's good. Originally Posted by CatPee
Those all sound wonderful! definitely gonna have to try them out!
  • Oafer
  • 04-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Mothers Cafe is vegetarian, healthy, and delicious. I'm not a vegetarian but I still think it's great place to eat. Originally Posted by CatPee
**This was actually at the top of my list . . . not excatly very close to your prefer location but CatPee (other than having an odd handle) is totally correct. Great food.
**This was actually at the top of my list . . . not excatly very close to your prefer location but CatPee (other than having an odd handle) is totally correct. Great food. Originally Posted by Oafer
Lol yeah I thought that at first until I used guy logic.. Cat=pussy Pee=cum.. I don't know maybe I'm just trying to make it sound not so weird.
Don't read too far into it. I just like being ironic. That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, amIright??
Don't read too far into it. I just like being ironic. That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, amIright?? Originally Posted by CatPee
Lol you know us ladies over analyze things Lol!
Don't read too far into it. I just like being ironic. That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, amIright?? Originally Posted by CatPee
Still better than Batshit which would be perfect for a provider or two who have lost it.
t&s chinese seafood up on north lamar. looks like a real dive but it is great chinese. especially teh salt and pepper shrimp and the clams in black bean sauce
  • Oafer
  • 04-03-2014, 08:32 AM
t&s chinese seafood up on north lamar. looks like a real dive but it is great chinese. especially teh salt and pepper shrimp and the clams in black bean sauce Originally Posted by actionjackson647
**There's is awesome. AJ is right . . . looks like a dump!
Sometimes a rundown establishment has good food.
Fuck Healthy!.....

Where is the best Taco Truck! Originally Posted by Whispers

That's what I'm talking about

I miss torchys