Age on consent in Texas

This came up in a thread. It's worth clarification

In Texas, 17 is considered the age of consent for sex. You have sex with anyone within 2 years of your age or older

Under 17, as long as both parties are within 2 years of each other,it's considered consensual. Not sure how young that goes.

But 17 is still a minor. If you offer money for sex with a 17 year old, it's Solicitation of a minor. You are now a sex offender the rest of your life.

Solicitation at 18 and up is now a felony for the John, but at least you're not a sex offender.

And it does not matter if she lies about her age, has fake ID, etc.

Be careful to an extreme when dealing with teenagers.
There's actually case law on this. The people who filmed Traci Lords when she was a minor were not prosecuted because of the fact that she produced forged government documents. Am I suggesting you go looking for younger girls and ask for their ID? Of course not... why can't you just find a nice girl in her late '20s or even early '30s?
Some still follow the old adage "If she's old enough to pee, she's old enough for me"
There's actually case law on this. The people who filmed Traci Lords when she was a minor were not prosecuted because of the fact that she produced forged government documents. Am I suggesting you go looking for younger girls and ask for their ID? Of course not... why can't you just find a nice girl in her late '20s or even early '30s? Originally Posted by Pangolier
Was this in the state of Texas? If not, it has no relivence. Different states, different law.

But hay, if a 17 year old is worth the risk of being a sex offender the rest of your life, then go for it. Just don't count on beating the charge in Texas
Was this in the state of Texas? If not, it has no relivence. Different states, different law.

But hay, if a 17 year old is worth the risk of being a sex offender the rest of your life, then go for it. Just don't count on beating the charge in Texas Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing

Actually, you can look it up online, but I'm pretty sure Traci Lords turned out to be a federal case, not at the state level. In fact, I may not even be remembering it correctly in that it may have gone to court, but in the end no one was ever convicted either way. Kind of curious why this thread was started; I don't go looking for 17 years olds...
No. I always use the Half Plus Seven rule when looking for providers in an age group.
There's actually case law on this. The people who filmed Traci Lords when she was a minor were not prosecuted because of the fact that she produced forged government documents. Am I suggesting you go looking for younger girls and ask for their ID? Of course not... why can't you just find a nice girl in her late '20s or even early '30s? Originally Posted by Pangolier
Traci Lords was issued a valid US passport with her fake date of birth.
Actually, you can look it up online, but I'm pretty sure Traci Lords turned out to be a federal case, not at the state level. In fact, I may not even be remembering it correctly in that it may have gone to court, but in the end no one was ever convicted either way. Kind of curious why this thread was started; I don't go looking for 17 years olds... Originally Posted by Pangolier
Again, does not apply to Texas law. And, again, if you read the first post, the reason is stated.

People often confuse what Age of Consent means in Texas. So when its clear some do not understand and put themselves at risk, its good to review the subject.
Don't know where OP and some of y'all get your info but it's wrong.

AOC (no, not the AOC lady) in Texas is 17, PERIOD!

17 can consent to sex with anyone 17 or older, even someone as old as 100 or 200.

There is no Romeo and Juliet law in Texas that applies to anyone 17 or older.
Yes, you need more research. When I get to my pc. I will post the links to the actual Texas statutes which I have actually read.
Section 22.011 penal code explains the Romeo and Juliet law in Texas. So yes, it exists. Will post the other part when I find it.
Sections 43.021(a) and (b), Penal Code,

It is a state jail felony minimum for solicitation involving someone 18 or older.

It is a 2ed degree felony If it involves someone 14-17 years of age. There are a number of different charges that can apply.

I actually go and read the law before I post this stuff. I
The one error is its 3 years of age, 14 and up minimum for the Romeo and Juliet provision. I said 2 years in error.

Though it's possible there have been changes in the law that I missed. If so, please post the actual statue so I can update my knowledge of the law
One thing that has changed... If you pay for it no matter what their age or sexual orientation, getting caught as a "john" is a felony and is an automatic $1000 fine. If she is under 18, you can get charged with other offenses like "paid performance with a minor" and a few other charges if they really don't like you or you have priors.
I believe that caught up to her in Hong Kong or Japan, or some other Asian country while traveling. That put her career on hold and she even got a role in a straight movie.

I should have kept all those rentals as they got pulled asap after the news broke.
Well, back in the day you could just check this album for a list of the age in various places.