Preferred411

Have things changed? I signed up for an account and this is what was requested of me-

1. a CLEAR image of your state issued photo identification
2. a image of your face holding the photo identification next to it
3. an image (showing face) holding a paper with P#, stage name and date... hand written and clearly legible

really?

Does anyone know if this is a new policy?
Gosh this sucks I really wanted account on p411
P411 has been the target of LE. Maybe this is their attempt to screen out LE intrusions?

Also, I would suggest corresponding directly w/ Gina re: your concerns. Communication normally resolves a lot of problems.
P411 has been the target of LE. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
There is a lot more truth to this but I won't comment. All I know is that when I first got on there all I needed to submit was 3 reviews to prove that I was legit. Good luck with this one. Hopefully Gina will come and give more info.
You have to remember that the purpose of a verification site like P411 is just that...verification that the person (provider or hobbyist) is who they represent themselves to be. charlestudor2005 is correct, communication with Gina is always a smart thing.
Thank you Naomi. Just in general I feel the "hobby" mixed with with face shot image, smiling big holding my ID beside it seemsa bit risky. Thanks i'll see about contacting Gina
Thank you Naomi. Just in general I feel the "hobby" mixed with with face shot image, smiling big holding my ID beside it seemsa bit risky. Thanks i'll see about contacting Gina Originally Posted by Miss Molly
That is why I will not do it if I were you. Why do they need a picture of your face? You have to wonder why. Hopefully Gina will come here and explain why the new rules.
That is why I will not do it if I were you. Why do they need a picture of your face? You have to wonder why. Hopefully Gina will come here and explain why the new rules. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
Totally agreed! I recall when Eros required the same and I refused...I will never understand why they need photo ID aside from proving you/we are over the age of 18.
This is almost a year ago, but it may have something to do with the new rules.
Fake Photos? Update 03.09.10 Over the past few days I've learned that I can spend an enormous amount of time chasing down "fake" photos, and most of the photos actually end up being of the provider or inconclusive. Often the client is a disappointed she didn't look quite as good as her heavily made up, hair pieced and airbrushed photos, and I have found myself standing in the middle, fighting with both sides.

For this reason (and to save my sanity, I'm going to make a change to our policy.

If you would like to report a provider using fake photos to me, please provide me with links to the true owner of the photos. If you cannot show me where the photos came from, I cannot take any action other than make an internal note and keep an eye on her.

If you think a provider is using fake or extremely misleading photos, but cannot prove it by sending me a link, POST A REVIEW!! Then you can send me the URL to the review, and I will lock it on her page for other clients to see. If we see a pattern of clients saying her photos are not accurate, then I can then take action because of the bad reviews.

It's too bad, I had really hoped to be able to effect a real change, but the reality is that most often we don't REALLY know if the photos are stolen.... we might suspect they are, I might even suspect they are... but what can I do if the provider looks enough like the stolen photos that I cannot be surer? I need to see where the photos came from, the be certain.

The short version is;

1. Please don't report Fake Photos to me unless you can show me the real owner of the photos.

2. If you feel a provider is using fake photos, but can't show me who the real owner is, post a review! I can lock it on her page if you request.

Always,
Gina
Also, they have been doing a lot of changes over the last year. Most of them for the better, I think.

There are ways of getting the information to them w/o sending it over the net, and are more secure.

I never renew my membership electronically.
Are you under 25?
That new rule applies to young girls 25 & younger.
As one can indicate their age yet be much younger than they really are and thus P411 needs to protect themselves as well as the men from any underage girls posing older than their real age.

Have things changed? I signed up for an account and this is what was requested of me-

1. a CLEAR image of your state issued photo identification
2. a image of your face holding the photo identification next to it
3. an image (showing face) holding a paper with P#, stage name and date... hand written and clearly legible

really?

Does anyone know if this is a new policy?
Gosh this sucks I really wanted account on p411 Originally Posted by Miss Molly
I just invited Gina to comment on this thread as direct info is better than speculation.
I had the same problem. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but theres no way i am sending my ID and a face picture to anyone.

The face alone isnt that big of a deal but I dont want people knowing my real name and home address and once something like that is out there its a safe bet that sooner or later the wrong people are going to get it off of their system.

The fact that LE is giving them a hard time makes me even less likely to give them that kind of information, not more.
I will never understand why they need photo ID aside from proving you/we are over the age of 18.
That's the only reason why.

Why do they need a picture of your face?
Makes it more difficult for someone to send in an older friend or sister's id, or an image of some random identification found on the internet.

I dont want people knowing my real name and home address
You can block out your name and address, we don't care who you are or where you live, we only want to be sure that you are of age.

P411 has been the target of LE. Maybe this is their attempt to screen out LE intrusions?
This is news to me.... P411 has NEVER been the target of L.E. We are doing nothing illegal, and we don't plan to start doing anything illegal, even inadvertently. That's why we are getting extremely careful about Age Verification.

Perhaps you are talking about the times that providers were targeted by L.E. in Little Rock, using P411 client accounts that they gained access to by way of the client giving them his password?

Always,
Gina

www.preferred411.com
I would also note that P411 is located in Canada, out of reach of local law enforcement in the US.
As a hobbyist thats a member of P411 I think they are the best out there. I never had an issue with clearance with a provider.I don't hobby anymore but the only thing I think they lacked was having alot of providers. I live in Omaha and the p411 list is short compared to other ad spots
I live in Omaha and the p411 list is short compared to other ad spots
I think the number of providers in Omaha is just really small.

Always,
Gina

www.preferred411.com