Is sensual massage a popular service in ATX?

I recently moved from Northern California, where FBSM has almost cult-like adherents. And I was thinking of offering sensual massage in Austin, but I don't see a lot of providers here doing so, hence my question.

I briefly worked in NYC, and the clients there often said that West Coast girls were the best at FBSM. Maybe it's the sun and surf nearby. All I know is, I really miss that naughty masseuse dynamic...
There is definitely a place for FBSM here in ATX. The more the merrier. Many of the ladies that provide this advertise in either the Chronicle or Backpage and so they are very "hit or miss".

Sometime back a list was circulated about FBSM ladies and the majority on that list were not well reviewed or received.

There are some who claim you must go to Houston or Dallas to receive a high quality FBSM session.
Searching for quality, I would be one of those who recommend the cities of Dallas, Houston and Austin in that order.
If your good at the massage and attractive, yes. We seem to have a lot of girls that think spreading oil or lotion on you and jerking you off deserves GFE prices. There's a market here for it IF you actualy work the knots out of the back and so forth.
I am a trained massage therapist, and San Francisco was the hub of "bodywork theater" as some of us liked to call it. Nearly all the 5 star rated providers I knew had formal schooling, and did continuing education. I went to massage school here in Texas but did additional classwork at Esalen and Harbin Hot Springs.

That's too bad a progressive place like ATX doesn't offer quality on the level of larger cities. Maybe I can do something about that...

p.s. I also think perhaps I posted this question on the wrong forum. For that I apologize, mods, I didn't realize I attached it to your section
i could be wrong but $250/hr may not be a rate for fbsm that would see a lot of business in austin.
  • ztonk
  • 05-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Moved to Coed Discussions from Questions for the Staff.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
Feedback from fellas is that there is a lack of quality in therapeutic massage since licensed RMT/LMT's cannot offer much in the "S" category w/out facing serious penalties. Mastering the transition between the massage & the sensual play is trying at times since everyone's different in their expectations. Sounds like you would be a very welcome addition to the community with your background. Love to see the fellas happy!
There is definitely a group of gentleman that prefer massage over gfe for several reasons. As long as the rates are reasonable, service is excellent, and you have a nurturing touch there's no reason why you can't have a good client base. Every austin guy that has come to me for massage has always been very respectful/loyal. They are very greatful when they find ladies that don't just half ass it.
i could be wrong but $250/hr may not be a rate for fbsm that would see a lot of business in austin. Originally Posted by coste
Not close.
I've looked long and hard for someone who is well-trained and can do a deep tissue or sports massage with a very sensual twist and is consistently available.

I'd be very happy to speak with you!
I'm going to agree that price is an important part of the equation. Now if the provider is someone I've met in the past I might be willing to pay a tad more, not because I expect something extra, but because I obviously found something agreeable with being with her.

A good massage is an important part, also. The trick is figuring out what "a good massage" means, as everyone, male or female, probably has a different definition.
What were your rates in SF for the FBSM? Agree with others, your skills is packaged at the right level would beat the asian attempts in town that give lackluster massages and decent endings.
i can attest that there is a loyal following for a sane, quality FBSM in austin, but i can also affirm that $250 is about $120 too high, even if you are smoking hot with a fine body. just my opinion.
  • RREB
  • 05-23-2011, 07:40 PM
i can attest that there is a loyal following for a sane, quality FBSM in austin, but i can also affirm that $250 is about $120 too high, even if you are smoking hot with a fine body. just my opinion. Originally Posted by Txfishkiller
You also need to make sure the "equipment" is right" as fishkiller likes to say.