What is your opinion on the changes in Board Direction / Atmosphere

Admittedly I've been absent from Posting much lately.....

Stress in the personal Life....
Business picking up.....
Right Woman in my daily life......

Anyway... some changes have occurred that will bring me back to the community and those of you that have missed me so much!

I've been reading and watched the changes occurring....

Some of the aggressive posting has moved to other arenas.....

Some have, like me, probably had other things to do.....

But, in my opinion, there is a change here lately.....

What do YOU attribute it to...
people feeling free to post whatever the hell they want to post, whether they have thought about it or are just responding w/ little thinking.

just like any other internet board w/ lots of anonymity and very little consequences for negative behavior.
It takes balls to post an opinion poll about how important one believes himself to be. I'll give you that.

So what exactly do you think has changed? I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to reading between the lines of what is said and what the true intended meaning is, so you are going to have to spell it out for me.

BTW, your time frame was clipped from the title, so I don't know if you are talking about the past few hours or years.
Must be quite the emotional drain being such an important fucktard. I hope you can make it through this difficult time whispers.
  • Booth
  • 05-29-2011, 08:44 AM
When Sixx got his ass kicked off the board would that be considered an action by a member or a moderator?
I think that they change in direction is caused by members and moderators both............that option not being available, I didnt vote.
I think that they change in direction is caused by members and moderators both............that option not being available, I didnt vote. Originally Posted by atxbrad
+1
and again you didn't list all the options. We missed ya, IT'S A DAMN GOOD FEELING!!
  • ztonk
  • 05-29-2011, 10:42 AM
I think that they change in direction is caused by members and moderators both............that option not being available, I didnt vote. Originally Posted by atxbrad
Whispers... let us know if you want the options in the poll updated, unless that would be interpreted as a case of the moderators influencing the direction of the board... We don't want to unduly affect the outcome.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
Not sure if there's been that much change

the option i would vote for isnt there so im not voting

Some have, like me, probably had other things to do..... Yep.

But, in my opinion, there is a change here lately..... Somewhat.

What do YOU attribute it to... Originally Posted by Whispers
Boredom....
I didn't really notice much of a change. Therefore, there wasn't an option to choose from in the poll. Didn't vote.
  • Dad
  • 05-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Just got back myself. What changes are you talking about Whispers?
While I have not been censured, I have noticed a few posts that refer to members being muzzled from replying to other certain members, namely Sixx, Wyldeman, and Yssup. If that's true, it's a new development I have not seen before, and an attempt to change the fabric of discussion on the board.

Good or bad, it's something to consider.
Whispers... let us know if you want the options in the poll updated, unless that would be interpreted as a case of the moderators influencing the direction of the board... We don't want to unduly affect the outcome. Originally Posted by ztonk
How about adding "Whispers should take more time away from the board" to the options?