A heads up about tryst and other sites...

So I just wanted to give everyone a heads up to exercise a little caution and vigilance when contacting providers at NEW or UNFAMILIAR numbers and/or email addresses listed on sites

Here's my experience. Was out of town and not posting anywhere or checking messages. When I returned home, a gentleman who has my real and actual contact information contacted me via text and email to ask me if I'd changed my number to a NON-LOCAL area code and if my email address was something TOTALLY UNFAMILIAR and UNRELATED to my "name"/normal work email I've been using for years.

He'd told me that the unfamiliar email was using my pictures to try and get gift card codes I believe, and...here's the important thing...

*The non-412 area code number was LISTED ON MY TRYST PAGE under phone/text and WHATSAPP with the message "text me at (616) (I believe)..."*

I did not update my page to include ANY of that info and I have NEVER used "whatsapp". Obviously, someone was able to get into my profile edit and put this false information in there.

To their credit the folks at Tryst were wonderful to deal with and secured my account and resolved the issue IMMEDIATELY.

Of course it goes without saying that if its happened to me, its potentially happened to others. Over that next week, I found myself receiving texts and pictures of false providers from more out-of-area numbers, as well as emails "cautioning" me of my email address showing up on a "cheating site". Obviously these are all scams and I was able to communicate enough to figure out that it's non-americans, some operating in Florida...? WTF?!

So...just be a little careful contacting *new* numbers on tryst profiles, especially if the person you're contacting hasn't been very active on that site. Oh...and yesterday and the day prior, I kept getting the "sign-in code you requested" from Private Delights, so it looks like someone somewhere is trying to get into that account as well. However, my devices are the only ones signed into my actual work email and all exclusively in my possession.

For reference, my email has always been Minkatpa@gmail.com .

Hopefully, mine is just a very isolated incident, but I don't have anything to hide from my people,and I understand that's not necessarily the norm for most, I just couldn't really forgive myself if I could've prevented someone from experiencing some kind of loss over this-even if it's time and aggravation-by saying something and didn't.

Ok, well, have a great weekend everyone.

Love, Minka xxoxxxo
  • Typo
  • 03-06-2021, 06:16 AM
Thank you Minka! That's good info.
Thanks for the heads up hun. I hope to meet you while I’m up here
Interesting Minka, that may explain some stuff. Sign of the times, we are going to have to start working on changing our approaches just to maintain reliable communication with each other.
Thanks for the post Minka! I haven’t had to deal with anyone hacking my accounts but last week I had someone steal my pictures on Skipthegames to try to get guys to cash app them money. They spoke barely anything English and were extremely demanding saying “you need to pay me now” over and over again. They couldn’t even answer where they were located but wanted paid after two texts. When I asked if they were real they’d just send more pics from my ad. It took me a week to get them to take it down. These scammers are ruthless. You’d think they’d at least be smart enough to not post the fake ad in the same city as me.
There is a program on National Geographic’s documentary series Trafficked by Mariana van Zeller. Where she went into how bad the scamming is around the world. I'm not posting a link because it deals with a forbidden subject also.
Thanks for info, Lots of BS lately, watch out guys.
I have 1 number 954-599-4088
had it for 8 years-I won't change it.
Thanks babe, you are the best.
Thanks. Way to look out!