The Dallas Cowboys and anything related to NFL 2024

The other Cowboys thread that Capital started in 9/2022 was getting long to the tooth.

-----

More NEW Dumb Ass rules by the NFL

New rule: no onside kicks until 4th quarter and only the losing team can do it and it must be announced ahead of time

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news...-strikes-again

NFL is sucking more and more each new year!
Lol Cowgirls lost their first pre-season game
  • BLM69
  • 08-14-2024, 09:27 PM
Another failed season coming up for the cowboys, who's holding their breath this season that they're gonna go rounds in the playoffs if they even make it?
Drama has stated with CD Lamb and Cowboys. I am not sure how this will end. It's not a pretty picture. It reminds me few years back Zeeke pulled the same shit.
Do you guys think Jerry will bow down and pay?
Jerry Jones don't care. He makes millions either way no matter if the team has a winning season or losing season
The Texas squad ranks as the most valuable sports franchise in the world, according to sports business website Sportico's NFL valuations. Dallas tops the scale at $9.2 billion.
CD will miss the Cleveland game as Jerry will stare him down.

Three straight 12 win seasons and they did win a Playoff Game or two in the mix.

Dak had better passing numbers than Mahomes last year. Mahomes wins Super Bowls and unless you win that you suck just as much as the other 31 NFL teams.

Either win 12 or lose 12 and get a top QB in the draft. It all comes down to injuries, but CD signs by week 2.
Believing the Cowboys will win the super bowl with Jerry Jones as the GM is like believing the stripper really likes you.
Believing the Cowboys will win the super bowl with Jerry Jones as the GM is like believing the stripper really likes you. Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
There is not an NFC East team that has a chance of making the SB yet alone winning it.

An ESPN analyst thinks Jerry will sell the team and after Cuban sold controlling interest in the Mavericks and i'm thinking he could be right.

If Jerry could get 10 billion from an investor group I think he takes it.
Preseason is almost over.

Cowgirls 1-2 in preseason. Houston Texans 2-1 in preseason. Chiefs are 0-3.
  • 500sl
  • 08-25-2024, 04:43 AM
Every skilled offensive player wants to be the highest paid player in the league at his position. Most of them lay down after you pay them and the team doesn’t do chit. At some point, Jerry needs to stick to growing his billions and let the players go get their hundreds of millions from somewhere else.
There is not an NFC East team that has a chance of making the SB yet alone winning it.

An ESPN analyst thinks Jerry will sell the team and after Cuban sold controlling interest in the Mavericks and i'm thinking he could be right.

If Jerry could get 10 billion from an investor group I think he takes it. Originally Posted by ahab11
No one in the media has any idea what the Jones family will do with the team. It’s just click-bait for them.

I personally don’t believe he will sell it, nor do I think will his kids. They are too emotionally invested in it to do so, and I don’t think they are hurting for money. But I don’t have any more idea than does some ESPN spare.
No one in the media has any idea what the Jones family will do with the team. It’s just click-bait for them.

I personally don’t believe he will sell it, nor do I think will his kids. They are too emotionally invested in it to do so, and I don’t think they are hurting for money. But I don’t have any more idea than does some ESPN spare. Originally Posted by TinMan
I never would have thought Cuban would sell a controlling interest in the Mavericks.

Cuban is probably a better businessman than Jerry, but Cuban obviously looked at 3.5 billion and keeping 30% share and realized that was a no brainer.

Jerry made very few off season moves and is still penny pinching for a team worth 10 billion. Seems like he is tipping his hand that he will do a Cuban.
Cuban’s kids aren’t involved in the business. Jerry’s kids are. Many entrepreneurs make these decisions based on the likelihood their children will continue the legacy.

Edit to add: I think “legacy” may have been in Cuban’s mind, too, when he made his decision. I believe he wants to do what is best for the Mavericks, and wanted to make a decision now while it was still his to make and not some executor or trustee.
Reading different news articles on different websites grading the NFL preseason performance of all 32 teams and Dallas is mentioned constantly as the loser in most of those articles .

The big winner is rookie QB Bo Nix of the Denver Broncos.