BCD tags?

ok, so over "there" ladies had the option to post in BCD tags so only the gents could see. trying to figure out how to do that here?

meg
Meg, just type something, select it, then click "private" at the top of the window (assuming that the ladies have that "private" button at the top of the window like we gents do).
She tried that last night and it did not work.

She can try it in here just so the staff can see what happens.

If I recall, they just disappeared completely.

Not sure if she did them using the new tags or the old one.

[ PRIVATE ] text here [ /PRIVATE ]

HH, is that what you tried?
yes, that is what i tried
'I guess doing it manually like Lazarus suggested without the spaces didn't work either? And just to be a smart ass, you may be "keyboard challenged" like me only with a different handicap. I can't "SEE" the keyboard and you may not be able to see over those very delectable sweater puppies to see if you are really typing the right tags. j/k

I'd love to help you teach the twins to "touch type" and before you shut me down - heck yes I'll pay for their lessons as long a you let us out of class for recess, too.
excerpt from Premium Access information thread in Forum Guidelines...

Private Posts - Premium Access members also have custom BB Code capability which enables them to restrict viewership of any of their postings to other Premium Access (male) members only. This is useful when replying to remarks that were made within the hidden part of reviews, a hidden forum, another post marked private, or any other scenario in which you do not want your remarks viewable by the general public.
raku,

One of the benefits of providers using the private BCD tags on ASPD was the provider could post hidden specials in her ads ONLY for the guys with access. Providers could put something in the ad like:
[ BCD ] 25.00 discount for BCD members. [ /BCD]

It was like rewarding the guys who posted reviews or paid for the access.

I'm pretty sure that is what HH was trying to do the other day.
i understand the potential benefit that function would have to providers and how it was available on the old board. i merely offered the only possible explanation i found in the guidelines as to why it is not working for providers simply to answer the original question posed since the general consensus seemed to be that it was a function she should be able to avail herself of.

don't know why it is set up that way and it's not something i can change or do anything about as a local mod in any event. i expect that a good number of members would probably have to petition ownership to add that functionality for providers and see if they would be inclined to do so.
raku,

Do you know if thread starters, whether a provider or client without Premium Access, can see the private tags?
Lazarus is so helpful and knows the forum rules...he would make a great moderator.
raku,

Do you know if thread starters, whether a provider or client without Premium Access, can see the private tags? Originally Posted by LazurusLong
Don't know for sure. Good question. They can see their own ROS in a review they have written but without Premium Access my guess would be that they could not see private comments in other's posts.

St.C could give you a better answer I expect.
Lazarus is so helpful and knows the forum rules...he would make a great moderator. Originally Posted by stevesanderson

I agree. Can you please add him to the Eccie staff?
Steve and CPI.

I know where both of you live.

Quit fucking around.

You DON'T want my 10 pound dog to bite your ankles till you surrender.
Does that mean we can't come over and sit in the crock pot anymore?