If you’ve gotten used to insulting others in Coed...

...you might want to pay special attention to this notice at the top of each forum:

https://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=28

I’m not sure how different things will look in practice, but folks may want to mind their P’s and Q’s going foreward.
...you might want to pay special attention to this notice at the top of each forum:

https://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=28

I’m not sure how different things will look in practice, but folks may want to mind their P’s and Q’s going foreward. Originally Posted by TinMan
problem is, similar posts have been made in different forum sections, and as far as I can see, NOBODY is taking it seriously. the same Trolls and jackasses run wild. the Mods are overwhelmed, and these bad guys know it.
St Chris’s warning was just posted today. I don’t think enough time has passed to determine that the renewed attention to an old rule has failed to have the intended result.
problem is, similar posts have been made in different forum sections, and as far as I can see, NOBODY is taking it seriously. the same Trolls and jackasses run wild. the Mods are overwhelmed, and these bad guys know it. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

The name calling in your post could be considered a violation. Ijs.
Why would it stop anything when you can flip to airplane mode, change your IP and make a new handle in minutes?
Same rules as always. Enforcement is what's been lacking and needed.
Ahhh, it was great fun while it Blasted!
  • BLM69
  • 08-13-2018, 08:05 AM
problem is, similar posts have been made in different forum sections, and as far as I can see, NOBODY is taking it seriously. the same Trolls and jackasses run wild. the Mods are overwhelmed, and these bad guys know it. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
This is coming from someone with posting restrictions and didn't you just get back from a ban-cation? I'm surprised you would chime in such a aggressive matter on the subject when you might be considered part of the trolls and jacjasses you speak about here.

What needs to be addressed is the members with multiple handles, these guys are a danger to the providers here
I agree. Those guidelines were put in place from day 1 and were rarely if ever enforced (too bad hijacking of threads/reviews was not included as well). I am hoping that what St. Chris is true and this site will be about hobby intel and not personal agendas, but I will not believe it until I see it.
I agree. Those guidelines were put in place from day 1 and were rarely if ever enforced (too bad hijacking of threads/reviews was not included as well). I am hoping that what St. Chris is true and this site will be about hobby intel and not personal agendas, but I will not believe it until I see it. Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
those of us who have been regularly trolled get it. to most of you it's theoretical. this site can be cleaned up with a little effort.

This is coming from someone with posting restrictions and didn't you just get back from a ban-cation? I'm surprised you would chime in such a aggressive matter on the subject when you might be considered part of the trolls and jacjasses you speak about here.

What needs to be addressed is the members with multiple handles, these guys are a danger to the providers here Originally Posted by BLM69
let me sort through the innuendo that is your post, BLM.. I have posting restrictions, but that has nothing to do with bad behavior, unless you think "excessive" posting is bad.. I have rarely been pointed in the 5 years+ I have been here. I was banned 6 months ago (not "recently") for posting on behalf of an alleged Pimp, who I thought was the Provider I had seen recently, in which I shared the tale of an alleged police bust on another Provider, which, in retrospect, may have been Pimped by the guy who fed me the false information. at any rate, I meant well, but probably was duped.. so I got a 30 day ban for "facilitating Pimp wars". nothing to do with trolling and jackassery (is that a word? LOL)..

and one more point, I simply said there are trolls and jackasses on this site.. there are, everyone knows that. the Mods know more than anyone, they deal with them. but my statement was BLANKET, I didn't call names out. we shouldn't recoil from our opinions, they need to be expressed, so action will be taken, the Mods will understand that Hobbyists are disturbed by bad actors here. Wile Coyote has been the most-attacked, most trolled member of ECCIE, EVER.. anyone who has logged in a few times can see that. he and I want ECCIE to succeed, and if anyone has a right to be skeptical, it is he.

we should be "aggressive" about desiring the change the Mods are hinting as coming. the real Trolls and Jackasses won't be championing the change, you can bet on that.
How many times does a provider or hobbyists have to be banned before it becomes permanent? Chung was banned and yet he does not have a history of causing problems. In fact he’s a valued contributor while a few providers have been banned multiple times only to get worse each time.

Yes of course the insults need to stop. However allowing the same loose cannons back can and will lead to bigger problems. We have already seen the trainwrecks with providers allegedly threatening to out hobbyists. Hobbyist allegedly threatening to out providers, police involvement etc.
Tara bragged numerous times that St. Chris, who’s actions this thread references, voided her Lifetime Ban and begged her to come back and participate here...I am sure this is only partly true, but WTF, smells hypocritical to me.
I've recently exchanged PMs with St.C

Let's just say...fed up for a lack of a better term
Some need to remember that its also against the guidelines to create a new account when your account is banned. Particularly when some like to continually comment about others violating guidelines.
I’m sure rule breakers are worried about breaking the rules and making accounts while they are banned.