Texas Democrat compares threat of arrest after fleeing state to slavery

• oeb11
  • 07-20-2021, 05:33 PM
Gov. Abbott said Texas lawmakers who fled to Washington will be arrested upon their return

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...arrest-slavery

Texas State Rep. Senfronia Thompson – one of the Democratic lawmakers that fled Austin for D.C. to deprive the state legislature of a quorum to vote on election integrity legislation – delivered a fiery speech in which she appeared to compare Texas officials threatening her arrest with the act of a slave escaping the plantation.
Speaking in Alexandria, Va., on Friday, Thompson, D-Harris said her caucus "refuse[s] to be a hostage."
"I know there are search warrants out for us and I'm ready to be arrested," she said. "What do you do to a slave if you don't do nothing but arrest them when they flee. We fled Texas and if they want to arrest me, go ahead. I’m ready to be arrested."
Thompson and her Democratic colleagues remain in D.C. this week attending a slew of voting rights-related events featuring guest speakers.
MSNBC’S JOY REID COMPARES POSSIBLE ARREST OF TEXAS DEMOCRATS TO FUGITIVE SLAVE ACT
The lawmakers attacked Gov. Greg Abbott and Texas Republicans earlier in the week for allegedly trying to suppress the votes of minorities, and they have documented their exploits on social media, gloating about "fugitive" status, boasting of their "sacrifice," and even singing "We Shall Overcome."
Abbott, a Republican, criticized the lawmakers who fled to Washington, saying that the lawmakers will be arrested upon their return to the state.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Appearing on "The Ingraham Angle," he said members of the Texas House of Representatives who are still in the state can call for the arrests of their colleagues who do not show up to vote. The one caveat is the arrest has to be made in the state.
Fox News Charles Creitz contributed to this report.

My, My, My - a Group of fascist DPST 'karens' - comparing their flight to ostentatious hotels and White house soirees as 'slavery:.

It does not get much more ridiculous.

Perhaps even African American posters on this Forum see that.

What say you - 'j', and 1b1????

BTW - what is your stand on the Senate ending the filibuster?????
“Boasting of their sacrifice”. Yeah sure, partying on a charter jet and $400 dinners at posh DC restaurants is such a sacrifice. Fuck off.
Of course. When beaten throw the race card as a hail mary.
libs use it well ! And often!
I think abbott made a tactical mistake. he should have kept quiet about the arrest plan.
  • oeb11
  • 07-20-2021, 08:35 PM
Abbott should be sure that Texas State taxpayer funds are not used to defray the 'exiles' corrupt lavish lifestyle in DC.

They should pay out of their own pockets.

Still - the corrupt fiden crime cabal will likely slip them monies - which for sure won't show up on any tax reports/returns - yet the subverted IRS/DOJ won't care - unless they can find a closeted republican in the mix somewhere. Then - that is different.
What the fleeing Texas dipshits are too stupid to realize is that the voters in Texas (well the legal voters anyway) strongly support Abbott and his bill requiring election integrity ..... and that maybe, come next year, these "vacationers" will be voted out and replaced by decent republicans who want this bill passed .....