Question for the Austin crowd from a San Antonio lady ;)

Question for you Austin folks
I'm thinking of traveling to Austin soon and would like to meet some new hobby friends. What part of Austin should I get a room at ? I want somewhere that is nice and also convenient for as many hobbyists as possible.

{staff edit to remove ad content- CK}
Most ladies seem to stay in the domain or arboretum area, basically between Braker Ln to the north, Burnet Rd to the east, and Hwy 183 from southeast to northwest. Lots of hotels and convenient.

The area around IH-35 and between 290E and 183 is known as the vagina triangle. There are a couple of decent hotels in that area but most are one-star.

SA ladies seem to stay to the south so that they don't have to drive through Austin, which can get pretty bad all seven days of the week. There are a ton of hotels in the Ben White (290/71) and IH-35 area. But that means all of the gentlemen coming to see you have to negotiate the traffic. You'll probably see more people if you do the driving so they don't have to.

It's painful to recommend staying north since I'm south, but I'll be out of town for a couple of days anyway.

Good luck with your visit.
The domain area is great. However I will say holidays and around the first part of the month are typically not a great time to travel as most people are out of town or the other few are paying bills and not seeking companionship!