A question for anyone who has served a 90 day ban

What happened to your points when you came back. Did they reset to 0 or did you still have a point total?

Here's one answer but it is a different one then the one I received when I returned.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=553852
I think you can cash them in at the gift counter for a teeshirt...
I think you can cash them in at the gift counter for a teeshirt... Originally Posted by governmentguru
or

• kSoze
  • 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM
, You can def cash in points to many exotic vacations as well.
It is a great question.

If you accumulate 25 points you get an AUTOMATIC vacation for 90 days. It is my understanding that your count is re-set to 0 when you return.

If you are banned for some other reason so 1 day, 3 days, 7days, 14 days, etc, then your point count remains until they expire.

I hope this gives everyone a better picture of points and bans. Truth be told, we really don't really want to point or ban anyone. This site like any message board driven entity runs on membership and the more the merrier. Bans exist for when there is no other viable solution to chaos and anarchy.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff Originally Posted by Spacemtn

To answer the question, they do not reset or go away as I had believed. If you read my post above, I stated "It is my understanding....." and that understanding was not correct and has been clarified by the owners and they do not reset just because of a forced vacation.

I think that most of our prolific posters in Austin can attest that both ztonk and myself will give lots and lots of warnings to stave off those final points that send someone on forced vacation. There is no great pleasure from a member getting a ban of any type. We would always rather have everyone here, contributing, but within the posting guidelines, of course.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
To answer the question, they do not reset or go away as I had believed. If you read my post above, I stated "It is my understanding....." and that understanding was not correct and has been clarified by the owners and they do not reset just because of a forced vacation.

I think that most of our prolific posters in Austin can attest that both ztonk and myself will give lots and lots of warnings to stave off those final points that send someone on forced vacation. There is no great pleasure from a member getting a ban of any type. We would always rather have everyone here, contributing, but within the posting guidelines, of course.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff Originally Posted by Spacemtn
And I'd like to say thank you for the nice points I so deserved NOT having a 1-3 year expiration unlike some other out of state MODS feel they need to imposed! Really wanted to go outside of those guide lines just now....if I put in Private Quotes that I hope he gets the clap would that be OK?