My my is he talking for real or just making a statement sane people understand

https://www.businessinsider.com/desa...-office-2023-8

Please note there is only one person being asked about in this thread, hopefully y’all with TDS can grasp that reality. Any coloring outside the lines earns you a RTM!
Please don't post links without a description. Links may have malware.
Don’t open it if you are wary. What difference does it make if I said Ron Desantis is gonna be slitting throats, none whatsoever, that’s what. Business insider is a known source.

Is that one of the many rules, if so I am confident you will apprise the mod.
Desantis wouldn’t slash the fedgov nearly enough, it’s like 80% bloat doing a bunch of unconstitutional busy work the government was never intended to be involved in.
https://www.businessinsider.com/desa...-office-2023-8

Please note there is only one person being asked about in this thread, hopefully y’all with TDS can grasp that reality. Any coloring outside the lines earns you a RTM! Originally Posted by oilfieldace
We have been asked to follow the rules and I am aware attempts to hijack a thread are a no-no but I don't see limiting the conversation to just one person is within the OP's power especially when the article referenced makes mention of the person I am also referencing below...

From the article:

Wednesday wasn't the first time DeSantis said he'd slash government agencies if elected to the White House. In June, he said he wanted to get rid of the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Energy, and the Department of Education.

I think DeSantis is trying desperately to make headlines. He has favored a system of Fair Tax vs Income Tax so this is not new and now added Education to the throat slitting list saying he would either abolish it or take it over for use as a tool to fight 'wokeness' in schools.

Being so far behind Trump who can't stay out of the headlines if he tried and generally gets paparazzi levels of media attention even without legal issues is likely going to inspire DeSantis to continue this kind of campaign.

I do not believe it will work as he leans too far right and has shown a devotion more to pet projects that working to find solutions to more important issues facing his home state of Florida
Wednesday wasn't the first time DeSantis said he'd slash government agencies if elected to the White House. In June, he said he wanted to get rid of the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Energy, and the Department of Education.
It’s a good start.