Just keep your legs closed girls....

Billionaire Santorum supporter says you gals should just clinch an aspirin between your legs for contraception.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...eptive-aspirin

Just a bad joke, but it accurately represents Santorum's position on contraception. I'm thinking this doesn't bode well for Santorum's support amongst the female demographic.
I would think (hope) that would effectively end his campaign. However, I have read where the Democrats are trying to keep him in the game, which, if I were a Democrat, is exactly what I would do.
HAHA the news was on while I was on a date and I heard him tell the aspirin bit but it took me like 3 minutes to get the joke, by that time it was hilarious, almost choked on a mouthful of cocks.

Later my friends commented that a girl could keep her legs closed but still get fucked. I asked how, he replied " Just bend her over!"

But I don't care who you are that shit was funny.
Skylar, Santorum never said this joke, it was a supporter. Just like Obama has a supporter who is a self admitted communist (Van Jones) and another supporter who says power comes from the barrel of a gun (Anita Dunn), and another supporter who says that 9/11 was the fault of Bush (Reverend Wright) and who also said that the Jews were running the country. So lets judge a candidate by their supporters.
Skylar, Santorum never said this joke, it was a supporter. Just like Obama has a supporter who is a self admitted communist (Van Jones) and another supporter who says power comes from the barrel of a gun (Anita Dunn), and another supporter who says that 9/11 was the fault of Bush (Reverend Wright) and who also said that the Jews were running the country. So lets judge a candidate by their supporters. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Yeah I know I forgot the dude's name so I just referred to him as "he" or "him"
Rotflmfao!!! on so many levels!
Skylar, Santorum never said this joke, it was a supporter. Just like Obama has a supporter who is a self admitted communist (Van Jones) and another supporter who says power comes from the barrel of a gun (Anita Dunn), and another supporter who says that 9/11 was the fault of Bush (Reverend Wright) and who also said that the Jews were running the country. So lets judge a candidate by their supporters. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Not quite 'the whole truth'. It was a billionaire funder and key supporter. So Sanitorium will be returning the money?
As usual, you're missing the point Barleycorn. Santorum may not have made the statement, but it is his position. He's against contraception of any kind. I can certainly see why you would want to run away from it, it's a disaster for him with female voters.
Timmy, are you saying that Santorum is opposed to all contraception, no matter WHO pays for it, or are you saying that he is opposed to GOVERNMENT FUNDING of contraception?

There is a BIG difference between those two positions.
I'm all for Rick Santourum for President....I hope he beats Romney....as I'm sure President Obama hopes he does too....he wont have to spend nearly as much to beat Santourum as he'd have too to beat Romney....GO RICK!!!!!
Timmy, are you saying that Santorum is opposed to all contraception, no matter WHO pays for it, or are you saying that he is opposed to GOVERNMENT FUNDING of contraception?

There is a BIG difference between those two positions. Originally Posted by Sidewinder
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...1274l16.3l19l0

and

1. Opposing birth control
Quote: "One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country.... Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that's okay, contraception is okay. It's not okay. It's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be." (Speaking with CaffeinatedThoughts.com, Oct. 18, 2011)

Reaction: This is "pretty basic: Rick Santorum is coming for your contraception," says Irin Carmon at Salon. "Any and all of it." Threatening to "send the condom police into America's bedrooms" is pretty bad politics: More than 99 percent of sexually active women have used some form of birth control, and "helping people get access to birth control is actually a popular issue," supported by 82 percent of Americans. But a national contraception ban is "clearly the world Santorum wants."

2. Keeping moms at home
Quote: "In far too many families with young children, both parents are working, when, if they really took an honest look at the budget, they might find they don't both need to. ... What happened in America so that mothers and fathers who leave their children in the care of someone else — or worse yet, home alone after school between three and six in the afternoon — find themselves more affirmed by society? Here, we can thank the influence of radical feminism." (Santorum's 2005 book, It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good)

Reaction: Santorum is actually right, says Bonnie Alba at Renew America. Degrading "the stay-at-home wife and mother while idolizing women who chose careers" is "certainly part and parcel of the feminist ideology which has twisted our society into a pretzel of me-ism."

3. Re-spinning the Crusades
Quote: "The idea that the Crusades and the fight of Christendom against Islam is somehow an aggression on our part is absolutely anti-historical. And that is what the perception is by the American Left who hates Christendom. ... What I'm talking about is onward American soldiers. What we're talking about are core American values." (South Carolina campaign stop, Feb. 22, 2011)

Reaction: "If you were worried there wouldn't be a 2012 candidate touting the pro-Crusades platform, then today is your lucky day!" says Jillian Rayfield at Talking Points Memo. The religiously sanctioned European military campaigns were aimed at recapturing Jerusalem, and "along the way the Roman Catholic forces massacred thousands of Jews, among others." I know the Crusades predated the U.S. by a few centuries, but how exactly does this military campaign reflect "core American values"?

4. Rejecting the very idea of "Palestinians"
Quote: "All the people who live in the West Bank are Israelis, they're not Palestinians. There is no 'Palestinian.' This is Israeli land." (Campaign stop in Iowa, Nov. 18, 2011)

Reaction: "The striking thing about his comments is that they represent an even more conservative position than that taken by the Israeli government," says Glenn Kessler at The Washington Post. Israel's anti-Palestinian position itself isn't "accepted by much of the world, but it seems that the very least a potential U.S. president could do is accept the definitions used by the Israeli government."

5. Reminding America that some view Mormonism as "a dangerous cult"
Quote: "Would the potential attraction to Mormonism by simply having a Mormon in the White House threaten traditional Christianity by leading more Americans to a church that some Christians believe misleadingly calls itself Christian, is an active missionary church, and a dangerous cult?" (Santorum's Philadelphia Inquirer column, Dec. 20, 2007)

Reaction: Santorum was responding to Mitt Romney's famous speech reassuring evangelical Christians that he shares their values, and to be fair, "Santorum's ultimate verdict on Romney was more or less positive," says Dan Froomkin at The Huffington Post. But he draws plenty of "distinctions between Mormonism and Christianity that others have avoided lest they seem overly inflammatory."

6. Dissing welfare programs that "make black people's lives better"
Quote: "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money." (Campaign stop in Iowa, Jan. 2, 2012)

Reaction: "This is the sort of subtle racism" that should, but won't, harm Santorum among Republicans, says Steve Benen at Washington Monthly. Why did he single out black people when talking about cutting government aid?

7. Bringing race into Obama's abortion views
Quote: "The question is — and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer — is that human life a person under the Constitution? And Barack Obama says no. Well if that person — human life is not a person, then — I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, 'We're going to decide who are people and who are not people.'" (CNS News interview, Jan. 19, 2011)

Reaction: Equating fetuses to slaves got Santorum some pretty bad press, says David Weigel at Slate. But critics don't "appreciate how mainstream Santorum's point is among pro-life activists" who commonly "consider their work a continuation of other movements that protected human life and elevated the status of people whom the law doesn't consider 'human.' In the 19th century, it was African-Americans; in the 21st century, it's children in the womb."

8. Equating gay marriage to loving your mother-in-law
Quote: "Is anyone saying same-sex couples can't love each other? I love my children. I love my friends, my brother. Heck, I even love my mother-in-law. Should we call these relationships marriage, too?" (Santorum's Philadelphia Inquirer column, May 22, 2008)

Reaction: Did noted "homophobe" Santorum just admit to a "weird sexual relationship with his mother-in-law" and brother? says Michael J.W. Stickings at The Reaction. He may be atop the Republican heap, "but make no mistake about it, Santorum's still a bigot and a moron."

9. Comparing homosexuality to "man-on-dog" sex
Quote: "If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. ... That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing." (AP interview, April 7, 2003)

Reaction: "Rick Santorum has expended a great deal of thought and energy to finding new words to disparage gay marriage," says Daryl Lang at Breaking Copy. And even if you agree with Santorum, "would you really want a president who is this obsessed" with gay sex?
Sum him up enough for me.

I lived in PA long enough to have a strong distaste in my mouth for this man already.
  • MC
  • 02-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Great post Missy.

It's amazing how Santorum is able to get away with such blatant racism and homophobia.

You might want to consider reposting it here:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=386642
I do have to congratulate Mariposa on her post but I am going back and looking at the sources.
1. http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2011/...acturing-jobs/ Rick Santorum was talking about the role of government when it came to family. His thoughts just before the above quote was he didn't think that government had any role in issuing contraceptives. He personally gave his thought on contraception. He thought that using sex only for pleasure diminished the act of love making. That is his personal view. You comments are about government's role in ensuring people (women) have contraception. When did it become the role of government to insert itself into our sex lives. It seems to me that Santorum is guilty of getting government OUT of our bedrooms.
He also made several comments in this interview about the importance of family and children so he is not anti-sex. He says that people should be responsible for themselves and that includes their sex lives. Children are purposely disadvantaged by being born into a single parent home. The statistics back this up. The entire interview is 44 minutes and covers many topics.

2. A lot of people have tried to figure out why in the 1950s a father could provide wholely for his family but since the 1980s it takes two incomes to provide for a family. A lot of people, including women, would like to be able to "make it" on only one income. Santorum was talking about the radicalization of feminism. That only a woman who worked had value in society. Later it a woman who worked and still took care of her children was worthwhile. A woman who "only" raised children was a second class citizen. Even Barbara Walters agreed with this on the view. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5NmbVDEsLM

3. Do we really care what the Europeans did 800 years ago? Santorum is a lawyer and not a historian. If Gringrich said stuff like this I would be concerned about what he is teaching. The feudal Europeans killed a lot of people including themselves (look up the Children's Crusade). They killed Muslims in the Holy Land and they were behind the Inquisition in Europe where they killed Jews. The Muslims invaded Europe so like the domino theory the Europeans did have cause to worry.

4. By Palestinian I suspect you mean those people who live in Palestine or lived in Palestine before the state of Israel was created. That would be the Jews, the Arabs, the Bedouin, the Hittites, the Canaanites, etc. We call them Israelis because they live in Israel. Since there is no Palestine then there are no Palestinians. The Arabs who lived in Israel in 1947 were invited to live in Israel but the Grand Mufti (their spiritual leader) ordered them to leave Israel and to return with guns to kill Jews. This failed and many of these Arabs immigrated to Jordan where they were massacred in 1970 by the king. There are no ethnic Palestinians. It is a political label to advance an agenda.

5. The assertion that some people have suspicions about Mormons is very apparently true. Whether they are right or wrong there are suspicions. So the point is for Santorum on content.

6. I would sure like to hear the question that got that response. If the questioner asked about black people then that would be in the answer. So if it is racism that Santorum used the word black then I guess Howard Dean is a racist (when talking about hotel staffers, he referred to them collectively as black people) and many democrats are racist (whenever the subject of welfare comes up, democrats always respond as if these are attacks on black people instead of welfare). So I need to hear the question.

7. The American version of abortion has racial overtones as a black baby is far more likely to be aborted than a white baby. Obama just seems to like abortion. Recall that it was state legislaturer Obama who opposed an Illinois law that stated if a baby survived an abortion then all means were to be used to save it's life. This came from a case where a baby was aborted alive. It survived for almost six hours in a basinet in a closet where it was placed to die. Nurses broke down in tears as they were told to render no assistance. The child would have survived if given an assistance that a regular birth would have recieved. Obama said an abortion creates a dead fetus and that is what must happen. In the local area a woman killed another woman and cut our her baby. The local Amber alert for a few hours would not issue an alert because since the child was not "born" then it didn't qualify. I agree with Santorum that Obama is very pro-abortion as evidenced by his demand that Catholic hospitals provide them.

8. What Santorum did was to postulate the slippery slope theory. If it becomes okay for gay marriage then what's next? There are cases where activists have said that their own curious predilections must be recognized; NAMBLA for starters. I ask the people on this site, do you believe in grown men having sex with young boys? Their slogan is "sex before eight or it's too late". They have a tax payer supported office in the UN. Your tax dollars go to their upkeep.

9. Once again, what was the question that lead to this response? I just went through about eight pages on Google and all of them show this quote with an ellipsis signifing that something was spoken before but none of them show what that is.
The complete quote:
"SANTORUM: We have laws in states, like the one at the Supreme Court right now, that has sodomy laws and they were there for a purpose. Because, again, I would argue, they undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family. And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. It all comes from, I would argue, this right to privacy that doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution, this right that was created, it was created in Griswold — Griswold was the contraceptive case — and abortion. And now we're just extending it out. And the further you extend it out, the more you — this freedom actually intervenes and affects the family. You say, well, it's my individual freedom. Yes, but it destroys the basic unit of our society because it condones behavior that's antithetical to strong healthy families. Whether it's polygamy, whether it's adultery, where it's sodomy, all of those things, are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family.
Every society in the history of man has upheld the institution of marriage as a bond between a man and a woman. Why? Because society is based on one thing: that society is based on the future of the society. And that's what? Children. Monogamous relationships. In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality —"
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...-excerpt_x.htm
Santorum was talking legal precedent.

Amazing what you can find when you have the entire quote from a better source than gay weekly.

My own personal take on Santorum is that he does use too many expressions of religion. Do I think that he could turn his personal views into law? No. I look at Obama's personal views on wealth, health, and society and it scares me what he was able to accomplish with a willing press and complete control of the Congress for two years. Only his incompetence kept him from doing more.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...1274l16.3l19l0

and

Sum him up enough for me.

I lived in PA long enough to have a strong distaste in my mouth for this man already. Originally Posted by Missy Mariposa
+1
Thank you for posting that.
  • MC
  • 02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
8. The problem with the slippery slope argument is that Gay marriage involves two consenting adults. Children and animals cannot consent.