legalization

do you talk to your friends about this hobby? do you discus the issue of legalizing prostitution with folks? do you think this hobby should be legal? would you be willing to advocate for legalization if it became a serious proposition in the Texas Lege? do you think this will ever come to be legal in Texas? before or after they legalize herb? both would provide revenue streams that could solve our school funding issues and eliminate the excessive property taxes we are facing here in Austin. do you want this industry to be legal and regulated and taxed?
Do not overlook the factor that Texas is an anchor of the Bible Belt.

Politicians will always use so-called morality issues for political reasons.

Ending a controversy is anathema to those who practice politics imo.

Keeps the voters' attention away from more important stuff like jobs, education, health care, taxes, etc.
CK is right, just about anyone East of I-45 is Baptist or very religious. However, I think it should be legal along with my favorite activity that happens after 4pm. I think we need another 20 years until all those folks die, so we will have less closed minded people like this.

What I find funny is I had two Great Aunts,, EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS. Both of them were hooked on Valium for years, and years...for no real reason..But they bitch at my father for drinking a beer
Privately I don't have a problem with it. But to my family and friends I say otherwise.
Dont legalize it
Decriminalize it
  • Loxly
  • 08-04-2017, 11:22 AM
^^^^^^ That would be the first step.
If you legalize it more competition
If you legalize it more competition Originally Posted by artist6338
More regulation telling me what I can and cant do-no thank you
Yeah for real. If you legalize it, then a whole ton of other stuff would become illegal: failure to maintain a license, failure to pay taxes, failure to maintain accurate client records.
If you legalize it more competition Originally Posted by artist6338
Yep, and the days of 200 hhr/300hr would fade into history.
So if legalized, instead of 'No' reviews, folks file complaints with the BBB?
What's next?

Do you also think it would be good to legalize human trafficking of sex slaves in all AMPs?

Shame on all of you.
What's next?

Do you also think it would be good to legalize human trafficking of sex slaves in all AMPs?

Shame on all of you. Originally Posted by Treetop78759
Yes, it would be a great idea. Because, who gives a fuck about some Asian women anyway? I'll enslave their asses my damn self just to piss people like you off who won't shut the fuck up about it.
People talk a lot about "bible belt" social conservative mentalities, but a lot of the driving force behind prohibitionism (at least of prostitution) comes from the left, and a leftist idea that prostitution should be abolished because it provides a privilege to a group that's already over-privileged. (i.e. straight cis men of higher income levels).

It's because of that latter motivation that I'm absolutely convinced you'll see drug legalization before any move towards legal allowance for sex workers and clients. Drug laws are commonly seen as disproportionately harmful to racial minorities, so legalization in that area is seen as helping the same groups that the leftists hope to defend by pushing for abolition of sex work.

In the coming months/years, I expect we're going to hear a lot more about "end demand" legal models similar to the systems in place in the Nordic countries. Sex workers might get decriminalized, but the focus of law enforcement would be turned more onto clients.
They may look to places like Amsterdam which in certain parts of town it's legal. But after some time of of the same issues were found there as well. Once the providers have to register with the city or state and record keeping is required, it's easier for those to move back to places where it's not legal. There is a huge amount of regulations and red tape in places where it is legal. My understanding is in Canada under certain conditions it has been decriminalized from not completely legal..

It most like would eventually be like in Nevada legalized by local communities. In Texas for example if the coast was clear from the state you might find an out of the way place that would legalize, in part because not that many people would be required to vote.

By the way in Amsterdam the legal establishments that offer these services has reduced dramatically.