ASPD going down

Well, by banning me tonight after 11 years and over 3000 posts, they've certainly given me all the incentive I need to should they show up in court. And, I agree that they aren't going to show up.

But I do think that the cavalier attitude that Amber's family treated paying customer was extremely shabby. I understand if they can't get their shit together for whatever reason and keep the site up and running, but you think that they would at least have the grace and good manners to apologize to the poor smucks who just paid their BCD fees last month, or the month before, etc. (Which BTW doesn't include me -- I was BCD by virtue of contributing reviews.) In understand that they were grieving, but just taking money without even expressing regret really rubbed me the wrong way.

And the sister's high handed attitude pissed a lot of people off. If she can't run a new board any better than she behaved in the past week or two, she'll never get anywhere. I'm sad to see Duece throw his lot in with her if her board persona is any indication of her real personality.
Hell, she's banning members by the minute. Maybe she's trying to ban everybody before the lights go out.

Thier attitude in the closing hours of ASPD is not going to help out the new site. Many will remember this when searching for a new home. IMO this is the place where many will migrate to. It sure has seen a lot more activity in the last few days.
Well, by banning me tonight after 11 years and over 3000 posts, they've certainly given me all the incentive I need to should they show up in court. And, I agree that they aren't going to show up.

What was the "reason" for banning you?

But I do think that the cavalier attitude that Amber's family treated paying customer was extremely shabby. I understand if they can't get their shit together for whatever reason and keep the site up and running, but you think that they would at least have the grace and good manners to apologize to the poor smucks who just paid their BCD fees last month, or the month before, etc. (Which BTW doesn't include me -- I was BCD by virtue of contributing reviews.) In understand that they were grieving, but just taking money without even expressing regret really rubbed me the wrong way.

And the sister's high handed attitude pissed a lot of people off. If she can't run a new board any better than she behaved in the past week or two, she'll never get anywhere. I'm sad to see Duece throw his lot in with her if her board persona is any indication of her real personality. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

And the sister's high handed attitude pissed a lot of people off. If she can't run a new board any better than she behaved in the past week or two, she'll never get anywhere. I'm sad to see Duece throw his lot in with her if her board persona is any indication of her real personality. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
You think you had it bad. You should have been a moderator. It was like I imagine hell to be. But the family had just taken a terrible loss and they've had no experience in managing people, much less a board.

None of them are in the hobby so their goal was nothing like ours. All Jade wanted was for the board to stay up forever as a shrine to Amber and for all the posts to eulogize Amber. No it wasn't realistic. No it didn't work. I wish them well.
None of them are in the hobby so their goal was nothing like ours. All Jade wanted was for the board to stay up forever as a shrine to Amber and for all the posts to eulogize Amber. Originally Posted by Omahan
And what was the daughter's goal?
And what was the daughter's goal? Originally Posted by pjorourke
$10,000.
and so what's the deal??? i thought i would be dark by now.
and so what's the deal??? i thought i would be dark by now. Originally Posted by WickedHeather
lol who knows
But the family had just taken a terrible loss and they've had no experience in managing people, much less a board.

None of them are in the hobby so their goal was nothing like ours. All Jade wanted was for the board to stay up forever as a shrine to Amber and for all the posts to eulogize Amber. No it wasn't realistic. No it didn't work. I wish them well. Originally Posted by Omahan
I think you hit the nail on the head. To be clear I can't imagine being put in the position of trying to run a business I knew nothing about on short notice and at the same time mourn the loss of a loved one.

But the other disconnect here is it is a business not a person. If I go buy an Apple iPhone my primary concern isn't Steve Jobs' health; it it does the thing work & do the stuff I want it to do. I use Steve as an example because he's a founder of a company that a lot of consumers actually identify with...

I've been part of that community for 4+ years and had no idea who the deceased was...in fact some guy named ck1942 was "the face" of ASPD as far as I was concerned.
Johnny, I was never directly informed. Finally I decided to roam around the site and apparently it was a one line post. The person in front of me said something like "Amber's family wants the final day of the site to be for remembering Amber."

And I quoted that and added ". . . and for raising money for their new site." I agree it was a bit cheeky, but certainly no more crass than their shilling for money out of one side of their mouth while claiming to want adoration for their dead daughter/sister out of the other.

But Jade came in and saw it and asked the moderators to ban me. I suppose that's the risk of speaking truth to power. I'm reminded of the line, "I've been thrown out of classier joints that this one."