Come Together

I have been a member here for approximately 1 1/2 years now, and have noticed a sad change in the communal attitude of the people within our community. It's supposed to be a site where like-minded people share information for the purpose of safety, and value of our entertainment.

But lately we are seeing higher incidence of personal attacks. Why ? Is it the pressure of the economic state of our world ? Overpopulation ? Our sharing of information is going out the window. Reviews have degraded into private tag attacks, some of which are being pulled 4 to 5 pages past their relevancy, just for the purpose of being mean !

Now there has to be a way to bring this community back together, and end the blowups, flamings, outings, and personal attacks. But how ? I'm reminded of a song " I'd love to change the world - but I don't know what to do - so I leave it up to you......." . Anyone have any ideas how to achieve harmony on the boards ? Any ideas at all, please share your thoughts !!!!!!

Now let's get back to having fun and being happy !
Too many Damn Yankees.
So if we start a new civil war , and the south wins , the boards will be happy and fun again?
I just want Texas to be our own country again. Kick all the Yankees out of Texas or charge them a fee to enter.
I agree with you 100% and have been here way less than you,RR.
Focusing on negatives and wasting energy on arguing gets you nowhere (speaking in general)!!
Actually makes me think of the song "Give Peace A Chance" lol
I love Alvin Lee and Ten Years After!!!

Focusing on negatives and wasting energy on arguing gets you nowhere (speaking in general)!! Originally Posted by ToriOfAustin
Thanks for your input Tori, as YOU know I'm as guilty as anyone ! You are wise beyond your years .
I agree completely with your original observation. I know some very nice people have had their feelings hurt. This board is so entertaining and so much fun when everyone is joking with each other in a playful way. I hope we can all take a look at that Man in the Mirror, and try to make some positive changes starting there.
It's interesting to see your observation that there have been changes in the community as well as how it has migrated into review forums..... especially since you say to have seen it over the last year and a half..... I've been posting a lot of years and always had the same message delivered with the same style....

I've always been pointed to by some of the older Austin members as one that had a negative impact on the boards....personally I don't agree.... I see the boards as far more informative as a result of some of what I feel I have fought for....

I almost NEVER comment on review threads reserving most of my input to Coed. stripper, sugar daddy and locker room forums..... So I can't claim any part of that messs....

But I will say that I've also seen quite an escalation in hostilities from wannabe clowns and wannabe bad boys that don't seem to know the difference between a personal attack and a valid argument of a point.

There are a couple of folks over the years that have got me to the point of getting personal but we seem to have a new breed of antagonists that lack the ability to debate with reason and get personal all too often.

and do not know when enough is enough....

The stiff in the review forums is typically symbolic of the wusses defending ladies but lately there has been a lot of dick measuring contests....

and those I can never win.....
SA has established a pretty admirable example. Sure, there will always be a bit of hostility and disagreements but the gents there are far less argumentative w themselves and the ladies. SA has done pretty well at the hands of peace and it's extreme efforts. Just my input.
noticed a sad change in the communal attitude of the people within our community.
But lately we are seeing higher incidence of personal attacks. Why? Reviews have degraded into private tag attacks,

. Anyone have any ideas how to achieve harmony on the boards ? Any ideas at all, please share your thoughts !!!!!!

! Originally Posted by rockerrick

But I will say that I've also seen quite an escalation in hostilities from wannabe clowns and wannabe bad boys that don't seem to know the difference between a personal attack and a valid argument of a point.

and do not know when enough is enough....

there has been a lot of dick measuring contests....

..... Originally Posted by Whispers
Agree to disagree without verbally assaulting each other... people on here are , cultured, caring, intelligent, Rich, poor. There are Idiots, keyboard warriors, socially inept indiviguals.... Their opinions while contemptuos are not going to be changed, regardless of power point presentations of their "misguided opinion".. Let it be, move on to something more constructive.
IMHO, because this is more of an anonymous board, some folks feel that they can act out as they wish without regards to others. The ability to hide behind a keyboard ("keyboard warriors" I like that one MS) allows some folks the opportunity to feel and act like they are something they are not and for some reason feel good about it.
Some never learned some of the basic rules from kindergarten!

IJS,

G
I wish there were more fun topics to read. I need amusement, not strife.

Peace and love. happy mother's day.
Crystal

ps.. Oh man.. I have that Ten Yrs After song in my head now. good song. "I would love to change the world, but I don't know what to do..."
Thanks for your replies , as you know it will take everyone to exact any change in a community of many !

I know some very nice people have had their feelings hurt. This board is so entertaining and so much fun when everyone is joking with each other in a playful way. Originally Posted by chuckles
Very true ! Hopefully we can bring it back to the lighter side , I'm sure we'd all enjoy it more .

There are a couple of folks over the years that have got me to the point of getting personal but we seem to have a new breed of antagonists that lack the ability to debate with reason and get personal all too often.

and do not know when enough is enough.... Originally Posted by Whispers
I agree it's time to be less personal , keep on subjects , because enough is enough already ........

SA has established a pretty admirable example. Sure, there will always be a bit of hostility and disagreements but the gents there are far less argumentative w themselves and the ladies. SA has done pretty well at the hands of peace and it's extreme efforts. Just my input. Originally Posted by ExoticEzra
I spend some time on SA boards , I believe you are correct. Threads seem to stay more on subject. Mokoa also seems to jump in and stop any deviation. Not a criticism of our Mods , they seem to allow more freedom of speech ( which is a great thing if not taken advantage of ) but perhaps there are times they SHOULD NOT ! I know their volunteers and can't live on boards , and do the best they can.

Agree to disagree without verbally assaulting each other... people on here are , cultured, caring, intelligent, Rich, poor. There are Idiots, keyboard warriors, socially inept indiviguals.... Their opinions while contemptuos are not going to be changed, regardless of power point presentations of their "misguided opinion".. Let it be, move on to something more constructive. Originally Posted by Metal Smith
Wow ! When the quite ones speak up , their words seem to have the highest VOLUME !

The ability to hide behind a keyboard ("keyboard warriors" I like that one MS) allows some folks the opportunity to feel and act like they are something they are not and for some reason feel good about it.
Some never learned some of the basic rules from kindergarten! Originally Posted by Gentleman
I believe most learned these rules ok in kindergarten , but have forgotten how to practice them.

I wish there were more fun topics to read. I need amusement, not strife.
Peace and love. Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
Hope people reading this ABSORB what people are saying , and try and grant you your WISH !