Why do Obama and Eric Holder hate people with blood diseases?

They must hate those people along with Kathleen Sibelius. In 1984 they passed a law forbidding compensation for organ donations. In those days bone marrow was considered as an organ because of the difficulty of the procedure....in 1984! Since then bone marrow was taken off the list and people could donate and be paid. Lives were being saved. In 2009 a lawsuit challenged this law and the liberal 9th circuit court put the bone marrow back in with the organ list. Instead challenging this stupidity the White House and Justice Department ordered HHS to reclassify bone marrow as an organ again and avoid a conflict. So if you have leukemia or some other disorder and need marrow but can't find it... thank a democrat and be happy the cost of healthcare is being "lowered".
  • Old-T
  • 11-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Why is a tomatoe legally a vegetable?

Politics is often stupid.
They must hate those people along with Kathleen Sibelius. In 1984 they passed a law forbidding compensation for organ donations. In those days bone marrow was considered as an organ because of the difficulty of the procedure....in 1984! Since then bone marrow was taken off the list and people could donate and be paid. Lives were being saved. In 2009 a lawsuit challenged this law and the liberal 9th circuit court put the bone marrow back in with the organ list. Instead challenging this stupidity the White House and Justice Department ordered HHS to reclassify bone marrow as an organ again and avoid a conflict. So if you have leukemia or some other disorder and need marrow but can't find it... thank a democrat and be happy the cost of healthcare is being "lowered". Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
First of all, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Second of all, need you to post the link to the White House order to HHS on this matter. Otherwise, you continue to be a lying sack of shit.

But at least you didn't expand every level of your "argument" as far out as you could. Like, thank a human. Or thank an Earther. Or ...

Great post, turkey.
What he's talking about is an overpaid, corrupt federal bureaucracy running wild. This is the same FDA that is trying to shut down 23andMe, the same federal bureaucracy that attacked Gibson Guitar, the same federal bureaucracy that is going after the piano teacher's trade association for anti-trust violations, the same bureaucracy that extorted $13 billion from J.P. Morgan Chase for buckling to federal pressure and buying Bear Stearns and then fining Chase for its mis-deeds. On and on. Apparently you do not have the depth of understanding to recognize the transgressions of the professional federal bureaucrats, only the typical shallow perception of the average Obama syncophant that gets his news from TMZ and Entertainment Tonight. Dream on in your dream world until you run out of entertainment, food, energy, shelter, medical care, education, money and all the other stuff that our corrupt capitalist system showers on everyone willing to work.
  • Old-T
  • 11-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Sounds like you would be an ardent supporter of returning to the robber baron era.
More like the grave robber era.

Again, I have to ask where JDIdiot gets his information that the White House ordered bone marrow back on the list. I'd like to see a copy of the Executive Order.

There isn't one. He's lying again.
Professor, your increasingly troll-like tendencies are on classic display here. Are you and Bimbino collaborating on how to best troll the board? Maybe it's a contest to see who can post up the stupidest shit? It's close, but you have pulled ahead with this one.

Truly, can you not find something in this administration that is more meritorious of a critical post than this ridiculous bullshit? Go fuck yourself, right after you mop the boys bathroom at the community college. Fucking chowderhead.
They must hate those people along with Kathleen Sibelius. In 1984 they passed a law forbidding compensation for organ donations. In those days bone marrow was considered as an organ because of the difficulty of the procedure....in 1984! Since then bone marrow was taken off the list and people could donate and be paid. Lives were being saved. In 2009 a lawsuit challenged this law and the liberal 9th circuit court put the bone marrow back in with the organ list. Instead challenging this stupidity the White House and Justice Department ordered HHS to reclassify bone marrow as an organ again and avoid a conflict. So if you have leukemia or some other disorder and need marrow but can't find it... thank a democrat and be happy the cost of healthcare is being "lowered". Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Isn't the key word here compensation ??
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar...arrow-20120328
LA Times

I have exactly two non-related 10 of 10 matches for my BMT that I have elected to not do. While BMTs are not nearly as dangerous as they were there is still many things that can go wrong before your new immune system is in place. First there is the disease that you are trying to rid your body of. The there is the chemo to kill your immune system. Hopefully you do not catch an type of infection, be it fungal viral or bacterial. If you survive that and your body does not reject the donor the next thing is Graft VS host disease which you want a very very small amount of as that is proof you have a new immune system BUT your new immune system may not like the fact that you are not the person that they resided in and can destroy your organs and you die.
I had zero related donors and I chose to not do it. Mine is a type of cancer that is controllable with a type of chemo that doesn't make you sick. There are still side effects but it keeps me in remission, so far. The first drug failed after 18 months.

One fear of donors is what will it cost and it is not cheap with all you have to do to donate. For many types of blood cancers the only hope, treatment, and possible cure is a stem cell transplant formerly known as a bone marrow transplant of BMT. Technically it is considered a bone marrow transplant but the actual process is more like donating blood. They do not drill into your bones to remove the marrow anymore. The give the donor a treatment that causes the donor to produce stem cells that are harvested much like taking platelets from the blood.

As you can see from the LA Time article that the Obama administration has been fighting to keep people from being compensated for donating their stem cells. The fact is there are very few 10 of 10 matches primarily because there are so few to match from and it is like finding a needle in a haystack. It is much easier if there are a lot of needles to in the stack.

If I am lucky, and I consider myself to be very lucky and blessed, the medicine will not destroy my liver and I can continue to live a normal life. Without the medicine or a successful transplant, I would have died about nine years ago. Had I had to have approval by a government bureaucracy I would also be dead.
  • CJ7
  • 11-30-2013, 09:40 PM

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com...lant-list-dies
Professor, your increasingly troll-like tendencies are on classic display here. Are you and Bimbino collaborating on how to best troll the board? Maybe it's a contest to see who can post up the stupidest shit? It's close, but you have pulled ahead with this one.

Truly, can you not find something in this administration that is more meritorious of a critical post than this ridiculous bullshit? Go fuck yourself, right after you mop the boys bathroom at the community college. Fucking chowderhead. Originally Posted by timpage

Care to count how many words you just used to say absolutely nothing?
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar...arrow-20120328
LA Times

I have exactly two non-related 10 of 10 matches for my BMT that I have elected to not do. While BMTs are not nearly as dangerous as they were there is still many things that can go wrong before your new immune system is in place. First there is the disease that you are trying to rid your body of. The there is the chemo to kill your immune system. Hopefully you do not catch an type of infection, be it fungal viral or bacterial. If you survive that and your body does not reject the donor the next thing is Graft VS host disease which you want a very very small amount of as that is proof you have a new immune system BUT your new immune system may not like the fact that you are not the person that they resided in and can destroy your organs and you die.
I had zero related donors and I chose to not do it. Mine is a type of cancer that is controllable with a type of chemo that doesn't make you sick. There are still side effects but it keeps me in remission, so far. The first drug failed after 18 months.

One fear of donors is what will it cost and it is not cheap with all you have to do to donate. For many types of blood cancers the only hope, treatment, and possible cure is a stem cell transplant formerly known as a bone marrow transplant of BMT. Technically it is considered a bone marrow transplant but the actual process is more like donating blood. They do not drill into your bones to remove the marrow anymore. The give the donor a treatment that causes the donor to produce stem cells that are harvested much like taking platelets from the blood.

As you can see from the LA Time article that the Obama administration has been fighting to keep people from being compensated for donating their stem cells. The fact is there are very few 10 of 10 matches primarily because there are so few to match from and it is like finding a needle in a haystack. It is much easier if there are a lot of needles to in the stack.

If I am lucky, and I consider myself to be very lucky and blessed, the medicine will not destroy my liver and I can continue to live a normal life. Without the medicine or a successful transplant, I would have died about nine years ago. Had I had to have approval by a government bureaucracy I would also be dead. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

Donating and being charged is a concept I hadn't thought about. Good luck in your treatment.
The idea that being compensated does not mean that there would be an ability to auction your donation to the highest bidder but to be compensated for the time it takes to be a donor along with any real expenses that occur that are not covered by insurance; the insurance being the recipients and not the donors.
Still waiting on a link to the executive order, JDIdiot.
Anytime you put a price on something it increases the supply because it now has value. The buffalo was saved because suddenly there was a market for bison meat. Someone could now make a profit by raising them.