Good news - politicians get thrown in jail

You may recall the travails of Bell California, where the elected politicians simply looted the towns coffers:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...orruption?lite

The article:

-------------------------
A one-time official in the Los Angeles suburb of Bell was convicted of public corruption in a case that nearly bankrupted the working class city.

Angela Spaccia, a former assistant city manager, was found guilty by a jury Monday of 13 felony corruption counts — including the misappropriation of public funds and conspiracy involving millions of taxpayer dollars, according to NBC Los Angeles.

The jury — made up of eight women and four men — reached their decision following more than a month of testimony.

Spaccia faces up to 16 years in prison, according to the station.

Prosecutors charge her with breaking the law by giving herself massive raises.

Spaccia testified that she knew she was raking in too much cash when her salary cracked $340,000 — but she maintained that it wasn't criminal, according to the Associated Press.

She was left to stand trial alone after her former employer, one-time City Manager Robert Rizzo, pleaded no contest Oct. 3 — less than a week before the trail began — to 69 corruption charges.

In a plea deal, Rizzo acknowledged pilfering upwards of $5 million from the city where one in four people live under the federal poverty line.

He was making more than $1 million a year at the height of the alleged corrupt activities, according to NBC Los Angeles.
----------------------------------------

Good news.
Oh My, I wonder if they were Republicans.
In Louisiana, they would be...
In Louisiana, they would be... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Oh is that right. Well lets test your theory shall we asshole. Ray Nagin the former Democrat Mayor of New Orleans has been indicted on 21 counts of Corruption. That also includes Wire fraud, Bribery, and Money Laundering. Oh and by the way those two fucks from Bell California were also Democrats. Put that in your pipe and smoke it fucker.
Wonder if she was spending the money on male whores?
I hope they confiscated all the homes, cars, bank accounts, jewelry, clothes, brokerage accounts, gold teeth, and extraneous property of whatever sort
They are all democrats. The democrats have a 23% advantage of the republicans in Bell, California.

Okay, let's get to the party part.
Wikipedia tells us that "In the state legislature Bell is located in the 30th Senate District, represented by Democrat Ronald S. Calderon, and in the 50th Assembly District, represented by Democrat Hector De La Torre. Federally, Bell is located in California's 34th congressional district, which has a Cook PVI of D +23[32] and is represented by Democrat Lucille Roybal-Allard."
Hernandez and two Bell City Council members were listed as endorsers of Democrat Luiz Marquez in his bid to succeed the aforementioned De La Torre in the 50th Assembly District. Marquez finished third in a field of four candidates in the District's June Democratic primary.
That's enough of a start to suggest that the Associated Press and others (here, here, here, here, here and here, to name just a few) who have reported on the scandal -- none of whom I have found to have identified the party of the perps -- should be at least a little curious as to what political party could be involved with such a pervasive culture of greed. Given the info learned thus far, the odds that this corruption is a straight-ticket Democratic enterprise would appear to be pretty high.
In the group just listed, the Reuters and Bloomberg reports helpfully remind us that current California Attorney General and fall gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown, who "plans to look beyond Bell" (per Reuters) and reportedly said that “These outrageous salaries in Bell are shocking and beyond belief” (per Bloomberg), is a Democrat. Why, you might even think that because Brown is a Democrat, the Bell officials involved must be Republicans. Thanks, guys. (/sarc)

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blu...#ixzz2n9EAzgwO
They are all democrats. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
other sorts of politicians and bureaucrats seem to fall right in line
JD only wants democrats prosecuted ..
JD only wants democrats prosecuted .. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
its a very good place to start....

get rid of the worst first
Don't tell lies Eva. Nobody likes a liar. I just identified their affiliation and nothing more. Show the world where I've excused criminal behavior based on politics. Can you do the same?
Don't tell lies Eva. Nobody likes a liar. I just identified their affiliation and nothing more. Show the world where I've excused criminal behavior based on politics. Can you do the same? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
That's why you have no fucking friends, fraud.
Don't tell lies Eva. Nobody likes a liar. I just identified their affiliation and nothing more. Show the world where I've excused criminal behavior based on politics. Can you do the same? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

You and shit for brains constantly whine about the other party. If you ever post anything positive about the US it will be a first. Being independent I can dislike both parties...
You and shit for brains constantly whine about the other party. If you ever post anything positive about the US it will be a first. Being independent I can dislike both parties... Originally Posted by i'va biggen
This post reminds me of my favorite Obama qoute, "it's not that I like big government, I don't"
You and shit for brains constantly whine about the other party. If you ever post anything positive about the US it will be a first. Being independent I can dislike both parties... Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Independent! THAT'S funny!