seeking honest advice

I've taken a brief hiatus front eh hobby past couple years, but wanting to re-enter. I'm curious how people are balancing verification with also managing their privacy. Or if that's even a possibility.

I can completely understand and respect the need for safety and precaution, and on both sides, as I would also would like to protect my own interests as well. Seems references aren't as much of a thing here lately.

Anyone have a similar situation or advice?

Please be kind. ��
I won’t submit to much verification. It can be accomplished with 1.) a short FaceTime conversation and/or 2.) buying the provider lunch at any restaurant or public place of their choosing.
I use my eccie handle and if that's not enough I uses couple provider refs and if either one or both isn't enough I simply say thank you and move on
Lithium,

I feel the same way. Took an extended break, came back and now there seem to be a lot more providers who ask for screening I hadn’t been asked before (specifically selfies and in some cases, selfies holding up a drivers license?) - I thought references were reasonable but that is not.

Also since dabbling back in hobby world I’ve had a handful of girls ask me to pick them up stuff on the way to the appointment - drinks/cigarettes etc which is hugely annoying. Really just want some normal TCB skills…
P411 is your friend.
  • Chmee
  • 08-25-2023, 10:12 AM
P411 is your friend. Originally Posted by George Spelvin
strongly agreed.
I second the motion of Www.preferred411.com being your friend. I just wish more girls used it
Yeah I will not send a picture of my DL or paystub and absolutely will not give them my work phone number. I’ll gladly meet them at B&N and show them my DL though.

I’ve also ran into the issue where one provider will not give a reference to another provider. I understand that they want you to continue shopping at their store and all, but sometimes their store is closed.
As a new provider, if you are on P411, you're good to go. If you're on eccie, I just ask other hobbyists if they know them from eccie. If they do, all good with a phone call. If they find me elsewhere , I ask for references. If they are new to the hobby, conversation over the phone is required just to see how serious the potential client is. Meeting in a public place for a drink or a meal is also a good way to verify clients for me.All providers have experienced our time being wasted on someone that wasn't screened and weren't serious.Im also sure some of the providers have extensive screening due to a bad experience in the room.If talk to you, and feel you're serious and safe, I have no issues booking an appointment.
I'm not caught up on acronyms yet.... what is TCB?
Taking care of business