Taco Tuesday

• Typo
  • 08-24-2021, 12:49 PM
It's Tuesday, so where's your favorite go-to taco spot in the Burgh or surrounding area?
There’s a place across the street across from Children’s hospital that’s pretty good. Cabo maybe? Also the orange food truck that runs around is really good too.
As far as I'm concerned, Condado has the best tacos on any day of the week.
As far as I'm concerned, Condado has the best tacos on any day of the week. Originally Posted by Big Stig
Where’s it located?
Downtown. On Liberty Ave, I think. Also on Butler St in Lawrenceville.
There is a Condado at south hills village too
https://www.patronmexicangrills.com/

I used to go to Chilis for fajitas and I was content. Then I had some authentic fajitas from Patron and I never went back (even if I could because Chilis can't find employees!)
  • Typo
  • 08-25-2021, 06:26 AM
Yes, Condado is good. I've been to all 3 locations. It's also a chain with locations all over Ohio, Michigan and a couple other states. I'm hoping to find some new local gems like Edgar's or La Palapa. Totopo in Mt. Lebanon is always a good one too.
La Palapa (Southside) is hands down my favorite. They also have a yellow food 'cart' (it reminds me of one of those tiny advertisement trailers that you see in Vegas lol).
I agree with Sig on Condado Downtown. Rey Azteca in Wilkins is not too bad if you in that part of town.
Yes, Condado is good. I've been to all 3 locations. It's also a chain with locations all over Ohio, Michigan and a couple other states. I'm hoping to find some new local gems like Edgar's or La Palapa. Totopo in Mt. Lebanon is always a good one too. Originally Posted by Typo
I'm certainly aware that it is a chain, but I don't care. A good taco is a good taco regardless of who makes it. If some locals make a better taco, I'll buy them. For now, I'll stick with Condado. I've never been put off by chain restaurants. Ruth's Chris has been one of my favorites for years. I judge a restaurant on its food and service, not its ownership situation.
If there’s Condato at South Hills Village I’ll be there soon. I agree with Stig, there are many franchises that do things right.
  • Typo
  • 08-26-2021, 12:57 PM
I'm certainly aware that it is a chain, but I don't care. A good taco is a good taco regardless of who makes it. If some locals make a better taco, I'll buy them. For now, I'll stick with Condado. I've never been put off by chain restaurants. Ruth's Chris has been one of my favorites for years. I judge a restaurant on its food and service, not its ownership situation. Originally Posted by Big Stig
I wasn't dogging them because they're a chain. I was just pointing out the fact that there are numerous other locatiuons as well. I agree, their tacos are damn good. Check out Edgar's and La Palapa too. They're noteworhty. Totopo in Mt Lebanon has excellent tacos too. They discount their tacos by $1 eacch on Tuesdays, which is the only day you can order the specialty tacos a la carte. It's worht a visit for those in the South Hills.
  • Typo
  • 08-26-2021, 12:58 PM
If there’s Condato at South Hills Village I’ll be there soon. I agree with Stig, there are many franchises that do things right. Originally Posted by bambino
Yes, there's been one in South Hills Village for quite a while now.
I've been to La Palapa many times. They are good too.