Sweetie, Babe, Hun....just sayin'

About 9pm one recent night a provider returned a text I had sent her earlier in the day texting something like "I'd love to see you Babe". I don't use or really need a hobby phone, but several years ago this happened with a short term snoopy GF and it could have ended poorly if I intended on keeping the relationship. While I talk and text with many clients, suppliers and others every day, not one of them use such pet names. An SO snooping your phone would immediately smell shit. To me the negative risks(getting busted) are much greater than any positives(seeming romantic or playful) by using these names. So why do providers use them?

And yes, I know using a burner would solve the problem. But an ounce of prevention on the providers side........
AWWW BABE… OOpss Sorry!!!
First and foremost would NEVER text you back in the middle of the night or if is few hours after your initial contact…

BTW John, its been a while…
They all call me Daddy in the end anyways so why not begin with that??
I read the OP's post and i was in disbelief. Here is a tiny important pearl of wisdom: Keep yourself safe and don't depend on or blame others for you not keeping yourself safe. It's called self reliance. Practice being self reliant with your own safety in the hobby. Keep it simple. Don't ask the providers for an ounce of prevention. Instead ask yourself, "How do I prevent others from seeing what providers send me by text, email, pm, or whatever."

The blame game won't work when a SO snoops on your phone. You can't say, "She knew she should not have used pet names." You cant blame the provider for what she wrote and then think for a moment that blaming her will get you out of the mess you just found yourself in.

Half the time it won't be the words in the email that will bury you. Instead, it will be their email address....

SexysSue102@gmail.Com
Debbie69@hotmail.Com

You get the idea. Get a burner phone and relax.
AWWW BABE… OOpss Sorry!!!
First and foremost would NEVER text you back in the middle of the night or if is few hours after your initial contact…

BTW John, its been a while… Originally Posted by Allegra Hope

I so gotta see you soon Sweetie! OOOPS!

Not all providers measure time internally. When they do eventually check their phone they think it just came in.
there's a BP lady who puts "don't call me baby, I'm not your baby" in her ad..

sure thing Toots.. I won't call you at all..
I read the OP's post and i was in disbelief. Here is a tiny important pearl of wisdom: Keep yourself safe and don't depend on or blame others for you not keeping yourself safe. It's called self reliance. Practice being self reliant with your own safety in the hobby. Keep it simple. Don't ask the providers for an ounce of prevention. Instead ask yourself, "How do I prevent others from seeing what providers send me by text, email, pm, or whatever."

The blame game won't work when a SO snoops on your phone. You can't say, "She knew she should not have used pet names." You cant blame the provider for what she wrote and then think for a moment that blaming her will get you out of the mess you just found yourself in. Originally Posted by Invisible1
Disbelief? Really? You obviously didn't read very well. Nowhere did I assign blame to anyone. I posed a question. That's all. Try not to jump to conclusions.
Yes, disbelief. Really. You are basically asking that perhaps providers could change their texting/business habits to help prevent you from getting caught. Yup, asking providers to use an ounce of prevention. Really.

Good luck with that, Poo Bear. Or would you prefer Tater Tot or Snuggle Dumplin'?

BTW, cool avatar.
I always ask if the gentleman is married so i know to text or always wait for his text. If I see they text and it's later I Dont respond until they text me again. I Dont want to be a homewrecker
Yes, disbelief. Really. You are basically asking that perhaps providers could change their texting/business habits to help prevent you from getting caught. Yup, asking providers to use an ounce of prevention. Really.

Good luck with that, Poo Bear

BTW, cool avatar. Originally Posted by Invisible1
First, I can't get caught so I don't particularly care. Second, I didn't "basically ask" anyone to do anything. I asked why would they.

Think of this as a PSA for providers.
Gotcha. They do it because they can and it helps their biz. Its more personable to write "Babe" then writing out a handle, like Invisible1. Simple.
Thanks. I feel like Von Speiler's avatar.
Thanks. I feel like Von Speiler's avatar. Originally Posted by johnclark
LOL. You must feel put upon. Feeling like Von Speiler's avatar. Your avatar suggests violent responses to wanting a piece of fruit.

And another person ate your taco.

Poor baby. Whoops. I used the word "baby!"

MOST people should know that in this business, discretion is everything. And it's possible that "some" ladies might feel that calling someone a pet name is more discreet than saying, "Hey Wally/Dan/Mike. Wanna come over and fuck?"

Guess if someone wrote "sweetheart" or "hun" then there is always deniability.

Just a thought.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
As a southern raised gal...I call EVERTONE "baby/hon/sweety/sugar"....but if you don't want me to,just let me know.

yes discretion is priority!
First, I can't get caught so I don't particularly care. Second, I didn't "basically ask" anyone to do anything. I asked why would they.

Think of this as a PSA for providers. Originally Posted by johnclark
wrt "why would they use pet names", if someone sees a text/msg from a provider and asks you about it, are you gonna ask that question?? there's a million and one reasons why they would. mainly cos they can, period.

however, you did post this "But an ounce of prevention on the providers side........"

seriously, if you dont spend an ounce of protecting your security or maintaining your discretion, asking others to do so is almost the same as not protecting your security & or maintaining your discretion ... no matter what you think providers could, should, must, have to do.