Hilton Downtown OK for outcalls?

Being "forced" to stay at the Hilton downtown for my trip coming up in February. Is this okay for outcalls or is the area/parking just a pain In the ass and I need to plan for going to an incall. Also, ladies can PM me if this hotel is a good plan for yall to have an incalculable if yall are visiting.
I've done outcall's to that hotel - I just always pay for valet parking and consider it a business expense (not legally, of course - I'm not writing off condoms on my tax bill).
Been there - 'done' that although Hilton Hotels are known for being intolerant of such "activities". I have never had an issue there.
As CSB said, valet works well and being presentable is key....until the door closes that is
As CSB said, valet works well and being presentable is key....until the door closes that is Originally Posted by Phrasing
+1
The Hilton Garden Inn on 5th and 35 is party friendly.
The Hilton Convention Center, a few blocks over, has a no-party policy so you will have to meet the lady down in the lobby. On second thought, I think this might only be enforced during crazy busy times like SXSW. I'm not sure if you always need a key card for the elevators there. No biggie either way.

As far as parking goes, we are big girls we can handle it.
That's why they pay us the big bucks!!!!

Welcome to Austin and happy hunting!!!!
I generally won't go anywhere where you have to pay for parking, get a parking pass, or deal with bullshit for getting in.

Some guys feel different, but I just don't want the big brother atmosphere involved.
The Hilton Garden Inn on 5th and 35 is party friendly.
The Hilton Convention Center, a few blocks over, has a no-party policy so you will have to meet the lady down in the lobby. On second thought, I think this might only be enforced during crazy busy times like SXSW. I'm not sure if you always need a key card for the elevators there. No biggie either way.

As far as parking goes, we are big girls we can handle it.
That's why they pay us the big bucks!!!!

Welcome to Austin and happy hunting!!!! Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
I have never had elevator issues at the Hilton, and I don't think the elevators are set up for key access. They might have a "courtesy guard" at the elevators during conventions. I seem to recall that, but you just flash him any card key and move right along.

I generally won't go anywhere where you have to pay for parking, get a parking pass, or deal with bullshit for getting in.

Some guys feel different, but I just don't want the big brother atmosphere involved. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
That must make travel very hard for you if you never pay for parking. I have no issues, and actually prefer to have someone else deal with parking my car be it at a hotel, downtown in general, or at my brother's boss' sister's assistant's wedding.

To the OP, if a gal can't figure out how to get to your hotel and up to your room, you might need to find a better gal.
I have been to the Hilton Convention Center many many times.
I don't remember one time where I didn't have to meet the gent down in the lobby or have them meet me outside to give me a key.

Being able to flash any key card to bypass the attendant would be a major indiscretion on the hotels part. Those rooms aren't cheep and people paying a premium should feel safe and secure. Also the key card for that hotel is pretty easy to spot. It is white and has a b&w picture of the Austin skyline and says Hilton Austin on it, if i remember correctly. I don't know how just any key card can be mistaken for their key card.

Actually the last time I went to the Hilton Garden Inn of 5th and 35, I remember meeting the guy outside too. So that one might require a key card to access the rooms also.

My $.02 on valet parking: I will do it but I prefer to self-park. I'm not that trusting. Seems silly I know; but I make it up by definitely not complaining about trivial things like parking, traffic, or the fact that just flat ironed my hair and it's already fizzy again. It just is what it is.

Fucking Murphy!
Thanks for y'all's responses. Never been there, but that's where I am needing to stay. It's okay, I'm sure I will figure it out once I get there. I've never been to any hotel where you had to use your key card to get to any floor. Now, I have stayed at hotels where you had to use a key card to access the elevator from the parking garage, but you could just walk to the front door and away you go. Finally, valet parking doesn't bother me at all. At a conference hotel, you just learn to wait...but I see it as being part of the outcall upcharge.

New question is, should I tell the provider there is charge for parking garage or valet it? Or is that their own problem to figure it out?
Room key elevator access is a standard amongst hotel chains such as Starwood.

I think it's always courteous when a gentleman informs the me of the parking structure. Sometimes the valet puts us on the spot and asks which room number we are in. Once the conversation happened so fast, I was pretty much coaxed into putting my parking fee on the hotel room tab. Whoops! So now, if asked, I just say I'm meeting someone for dinner or drinks. Also it's nice to be informed where the elevator is in proximity to the entrance. It helps the lady look as if she's staying there and headed to her own room.

Maybe someone should start a thread in the powder room with info on how to navigate the various Austin hotels.
Wrong wrong wrong. I was wrong!

I went to the Hilton Convention Center and I had no problem accessing the elevator on the regular floors. However, the executive floors do need key access.

Just want to clear up the misinformation.