My apoligies along with my aggravation .

I proceed with my normal daily routine of paying my rent for the day. I was informed by the desk clerk that the hotel has been booked and that they can not extend my stay. I had been there for going on 5 days.

So I packed up and have been spending most of the day moving .

1..FIRST.. I would like to apologize to those that have been texting/calling and the pm I have. I will catch up with everything once I set up my computer.

2..AGGRAVATED the least to say, my question is , is this normal?

Syeira
Id be aggravated to...considering you were already in the room and forced to leave. So where you moving to now? :-)
Definitely not normal but if there is an event going on or a large group using the hotel they may have a large number of reservations and really needed the room. If they have reservations to fill and you waited till after all the rooms were booked there is not much they can do.
Ma'am if I may make a suggestion....if possible pay for a week. Sounds like they're wise to what's going on. This coming from a person that's never been in your shoes and have no idea of the actual intricacies of your business...but I'd stop paying btd if you can.
During sports seasons or big event weekends, it is very common that rooms are sold out. Check schedules well in advance of major sports teams. Football games ,college and pro especially are bad weekends to go looking for a room on the entire metroplex
I think NL has a valid point !
I am sure the guys trying to get a hold of you appreciate the heads up, even if its a threAD in coed.
If they're wise to you, it almost seems like they kinda gave you an easy out rather than snitch on you.
Sounds like another guest or a hotel employee (perhaps even the manager) suspects that you're use of the room isn't for sleeping or watching some daytime soap operas and wants you out. Could be something else but my money is on they're on to you.

Good luck finding another place on short notice.
Hotels are booked this week something is going on in Dallas. Happens a lot if you stay there then extend and extend your stay daily. The most annoying part is when you finally find another spot and check in isn't until 3pm
-__-
People really don't pay attention to you like that.Unless you have obvious ass traffic and your a screamer. But I use one place and they love me . tip the staff they will leave you alone for your entire stay.
People really don't pay attention to you like that.Unless you have obvious ass traffic and your a screamer. But I use one place and they love me . tip the staff they will leave you alone for your entire stay. Originally Posted by phoenixfire_
Dealing with the public (at large) is generally not only a thankless job but grinds you down like a mill stone. Having someone that's appreciative, both in monetary and verbal accolades, goes a long way not only to not caring about your business but caring that you actually stay longer.

And I think most hobbyists understand shit happens, ESPECIALLY when you're proactive enough to put it out there so everyone knows. Good luck!
I work for a major airline in DFW. The MaryKay convention will be in town for the next 3 weeks I believe. LOTS of women from across the US coming here.
It's totally normal. We've been hotel living the past month and had to change hotels three time. We're waiting on our house to be finished. The builder keeps changing the closing date, so we couldn't book more than a week at a time.

I don't think they're wise to us (40something husband and wife with two dogs) LOL
I work for a major airline in DFW. The MaryKay convention will be in town for the next 3 weeks I believe. LOTS of women from across the US coming here. Originally Posted by Mopar71
Hell yea guys!! It's gonna be raining pussy.

And you know some poor bastard is going to walk outside and get hit with a dick.