What's being done ...

... to address the non-functioning Youtube application? The video ap is not functioning in either the Sandbox or the Political Forum.
Bump!

This video seems to have been correctly posted UITB, but won't play.

What gives?
Works on my phone
  • Mokoa
  • 08-13-2016, 09:11 PM
Works fine on my Windows 7 system with Firefox.
I am using Windows 10 with Goggle Chrome, and have been for some time now. The video ap worked up until ECCIE made the format changes a few days ago.

Below is a screen capture of a Youtube video I posted in the Sandbox Forum. It's what I see when in lieu of a functioning video ap. Until the recent change, it and every other video in that thread worked.

Is this problem being looked at? For some reason, the youtube selection no longer shows up in a post - either the video screenbox is black and truncated (Chrome) or it says "a plug-in is required" (Firefox) on my laptop.

Thousands of videos are now suddenly inaccessible! What's going on?
  • Mokoa
  • 08-14-2016, 01:45 AM
I am using Windows 10 with Goggle Chrome, and have been for some time now. The video ap worked up until ECCIE made the format changes a few days ago.

Below is a screen capture of a Youtube video I posted in the Sandbox Forum. It's what I see when in lieu of a functioning video ap. Until the recent change, it and every other video in that thread worked.

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I just looked at that one and it works fine for me. My system, my browser and its plugins are all up to date. The behavior lustylad reported sounds like behavior that is a result of a missing or out of date plugin. Another possibility is the changes made to the site now require more current versions of browsers and their plugins in order to function properly.

Nice song. Had not heard that one for a long time.
Bump!

This video seems to have been correctly posted UITB, but won't play.

What gives?
Originally Posted by chicagoboy
Still having the problem on my Windows 10/Chrome PC.

No problem on iPhone 6.
Was wondering where to find the meanings of the arrive actions?
Windows 10 is more "up to date" than Windows 7, and ECCIE's Youtube ap is not working for at least six individuals using Windows 10 with Google. So, back to the original question, what's being done to correct this problem that began when this site adopted its new appearance?

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
What IBH said in post #5. This happened (I believe) shortly after the Format change, could have been at the same time).

I am on Windows 10
Works fine on Firefox Version 47.0
but does NOT work on Chrome Version Version 52.0.2743.116 m

Hopefully this can be fixed soon. Happy to provide more info for debugging. THX !!!
Hey, I just noticed the video links are back to normal again... did everyone else experience the same?

Glad I didn't have to re-install all my browsers! Whoever fixed this on eccie's tech staff - thanks!
In Chrome and yes, they did a:
Still having the problem on my Windows 10/Chrome PC. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
Thanck you for resolving the problem.