california rejects notion some kids are better at math than others

I wonder if they'll take the same approach in football or basketball

California’s proposed “equity”-focused K-12 mathematics framework aims to underscore the message that there are no students who are intellectually gifted in the subject area, and that providing tracks for higher-level math students is discriminatory

“All students deserve powerful mathematics,” it asserts. “We reject ideas of natural gifts and talents.”

“The belief that ‘I treat everyone the same’ is insufficient,” “Active efforts in mathematics teaching are required in order to counter the cultural forces that have led to and continue to perpetuate current inequities.”
Math is racist.
all leftist policies are literal races to the bottom. This example demonstrates that perfectly.
So every student gets an A and nobody is left behind?

I see all types of implications from Bank balances to IRS Forms to caliber.

I see all types of implications from Bank balances to IRS Forms to caliber. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Like all the delinquent students loans
I guess just like the Paris Accord and Janet Yellin trying to get the rest of the world to raise THEIR taxes to keep up with us, the rest of the world is going to dumb down their math classes so they won't get too far of us. lol

My advice to anyone with young kids, besides learning Spanish, they better start learning Mandarin as well, because by the time they are adults the CCP will running EVERYTHING

I see all types of implications from Bank balances to IRS Forms to caliber. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I think its , there will be no gifted classes

everyone will be in the same class

so the effect will be to not make advancement

the smart kids sit through repeated classes of remedial work
So they slam evolution down our throats but are rapidly moving away from survival of the fittest!
  • Tiny
  • 05-11-2021, 04:47 PM
Sounds like Caltech, Stanford and Berkeley may have to rely more on out of state admissions and private schools if they want their freshmen to be able to handle the coursework. Oh well, there's a line of gifted kids a mile long trying to get into those universities from Asian countries.
I think its , there will be no gifted classes

everyone will be in the same class

so the effect will be to not make advancement

the smart kids sit through repeated classes of remedial work Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
It's already like that. Trust me. The supposedly T&G kids classes have normies mixed in.

So they slam evolution down our throats but are rapidly moving away from survival of the fittest! Originally Posted by winn dixie
Well said!

Sounds like Caltech, Stanford and Berkeley may have to rely more on out of state admissions and private schools if they want their freshmen to be able to handle the coursework. Oh well, there's a line of gifted kids a mile long trying to get into those universities from Asian countries. Originally Posted by Tiny
That sounds racist (and true).
... My advice to anyone with young kids, besides learning Spanish, they better start learning Mandarin as well, because by the time they are adults the CCP will running EVERYTHING Originally Posted by GaGambler
I've picked up a bit of Manarin from hotel staff. Also picked up a bit of Russian from clothing industry staff.
Am I missing anything important?
Used to be able to curse in French.
Sounds like Caltech, Stanford and Berkeley may have to rely more on out of state admissions and private schools if they want their freshmen to be able to handle the coursework. Oh well, there's a line of gifted kids a mile long trying to get into those universities from Asian countries. Originally Posted by Tiny

And they are discriminated against. Can't have to many Asians, just wouldn't be right he said sarcastically.
Some animals are more equal than others.
Some animals are more equal than others. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Hoping this includes Muppets?