P.J. O'Roarke coming out with a new book in a few days ...

http://www.amazon.com/Thrown-Under-O.../dp/080212366X

I was a huge fan of his writings back when he replaced Hunter Thompson at The Rolling Stone magazine.

And a few of his earlier books, featuring past essays, were a hoot.

How are his writings now since he's such a conservative? I believe that he was heavily associated with the Cato Institute years ago, if I remember right,and probably still is.

Was curious as to the opinions of this person from this group.

Best,
Elisabeth
http://www.amazon.com/Thrown-Under-O.../dp/080212366X

I was a huge fan of his writings back when he replaced Hunter Thompson at The Rolling Stone magazine.

And a few of his earlier books, featuring past essays, were a hoot.

How are his writings now since he's such a conservative? I believe that he was heavily associated with the Cato Institute years ago, if I remember right,and probably still is.

Was curious as to the opinions of this person from this group.

Best,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I'm fan of his writing and his ability to skewer the lying liberals. Haven't been following what he's been doing lately, but will keep an eye out for his book. Thanks for the "heads up" about it.
I'm fan of his writing and his ability to skewer the lying liberals. Haven't been following what he's been doing lately, but will keep an eye out for his book. Thanks for the "heads up" about it. Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Why is it, and I have a friend like this, that to present a point ... you have to refer to someone who might have more liberal leanings as "the lying liberals?"

That is what is wrong with people these days. The inability to look at an issue, and examine both sides.

I see it all of the time with certain religious family members. It's always black and white with some people. And life happens in shades.

So does politics.

Thanks for your comments.

EW
A personal favorite:

"Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely."