hooking now illegal in canada

surprised this hasn't been posted yet. fucking arrogant self-righteous conservative cunts....

It is illegal but the way it is being policed varies greatly by city. Montreal for instance is still a very easy city for hobbying. Not quite as easy as ordering a pizza like it used to be but still very common.
It was discussed months back, but mostly in the context of the changes Gina had to make on P411 due to the changes in the law.

It is not illegal to offer support to someone you are spending time with, even if you are having sex with them, yet perceptions contort and people go to jail.

What we need is our own "Larry Flynt" type to run this thru to the Supreme Court.

This is a great video, thanks for sharing.
Approximately when did the decision come down? I know that this has been an ongoing thing for quite some time now? I know that a few things were to become legal but I didn't know that the country was going to the right like that.
  • Old-T
  • 06-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately it is not a Right or Left thing. The Wackos on both ends of the spectrum want to make/keep it illegal, they just use different erroneous logic to justify doing so.

RIGHT: It is a sin!
LEFT: NO woman can freely do this! They are ALL trafficked, they just don't realize it.
C-36 the new law in Canada only makes customers or those that advertise illegal.

This was the conservative govt reaction to the Supreme Court of Canada who tossed out all the prior prostitution laws for incall etc since under the Charter of Rights the law against prostitution was harmful to prostitutes.

Outcall of course was always legal and very little enforcement of the incall bawdy house law unless under aged or some "real" crime.

Most major Canadian cities PD says it will not change enforcement only when there is "harm" involved. Toronto PD especially positive to keep sexwork safe as I have been going to Toronto for over a decade and reporting on Canadian as well as U.S. laws.

Everyone is watching for someone to be charged to challenge in Court but so far no cases of arrest known other than related to under aged or forced. Most attorneys beleive the new law (based on the Nordic Model) will ultimately be determined to violate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms especially since the new law creates even more "harm" by outlawing prostitution vs old law. Now outcall is covered again only for customers vs always been legal before.

There seems to be some enforcement in Sask and Alberta, but not that I read about yet in Ontario or Quebec. Victoria even under the old law that outlawed bawdy house (from the 1800s) had big agency incalls on the Main street of Victoria with the blessing of LE which visited periodically just to be sure everyone was 18+ and had city licenses.
It is now illegal to buy sex in Canada. The bizarre thing is that it's completely legal to SELL sex now.

Please note that it's not illegal to purchase "time" any where!

Prior to the change in the law (Dec 1, 2014) it was illegal to communicate for the purpose of prostitution (buy OR sell), in a place open to public view. So this is a reworking of the previous law, that attempts to shield sex workers from criminal prosecution in Canada.

Along with the reworking of the original laws on the books, was the addition of a law that prohibits Canadian advertising venues from allowing the advertisement of sexual activities for consideration. Which is why the Activities list was removed from P411.... it's legal for us to allow the advertisement of "time for money", but we cannot knowingly allow the advertisement of sex for money.

It's pretty ridiculous imo, but I highly doubt that much will change up here other than the Advertisements will no longer be blatant (a la "Anal $200").

Canada is an open minded country, and the main focus of the change in the laws was protecting the sex workers, by decriminalizing their part of the equation.

Does it make perfect sense, definitely not!..... but that's the gist of it.

Always,
Gina