Provider call me back one of my bills was counterfeit

Seen a very well known provider got a text an hour later saying that one of the Franklin's was counterfeit. What is the fair thing to do? Don't see this girl that often the service is ok ,and i don't make a lot of money
Her bank took the bill and would not give it back.
This will be a very interesting thread.

I'll bet I can predict how the providers will respond and how the hobbyists will respond.

In the end, this is one area of commerce where there are no guarantees.

Gentlemen might honor the complaint, and exchange the counterfeit Ben for a real one [Edit: just realized he said the bank took it and wouldn't give it back, so no exchange possible. I'm w/ EW...If it was counterfeit].

A classy provider might assume that it was an honest mistake, and take the loss.

We all take risks in the hobby. It's how we handle them that shows how classy we are.
Live by the sword and all, if it was a client that I knew and trusted, I'd eat it.

Elisabeth

Self-edit: But I would mention it to him, though, with no expectations. (And probably with a vague hope that we could split the loss) If it was someone that I didn't know? Not sure how I would react. I wouldn't be happy, though. Who would be in that situation? How horrible, if it really was conterfeit.
CT2005:

Since it wasn't passed on purpose, wouldn't "splittin the difference" be the fair thing to do? That way neither one is completely out of pocket? If it were me and (yes I know, its not) I knew he didn't mean to, that would be acceptable.

just sayin.........
I would eat it too. It wasn't you that made the counterfeit, and she should know that. It sucks, but it's just how it goes.

IF you were really concerned about staying in the providers good graces, then offer to make it up to her the next time you meet....otherwise, no harm, no foul, if she doesn't like it, move on....
CT2005:

Since it wasn't passed on purpose, wouldn't "splittin the difference" be the fair thing to do? That way neither one is completely out of pocket? If it were me and (yes I know, its not) I knew he didn't mean to, that would be acceptable.

just sayin......... Originally Posted by onehitwonder
I thought about the "splittin' the difference" thing. But that means the guy is out the original $100, plus an additional $50. So, that is not really splittin the difference. Since he honestly forked over the donation (w/o knowing about the counterfeit), he's discharged on his obligation.

There is the possibility, however slim, the hobbyist is routinely passing counterfeit bills to the gals. It probably deserves an alert in the providers' forums. Not to keep the guy from seeing anyone, but to make sure a lady has a counterfeit bill crayon with her when she sees him, and checks the bills ahead of time.
Just to play the devils advocate, did she offer some proof the bank actually took the bill? He didn't say if she requested another one.
I would eat it too. Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
Tiff--before I visit...do you take Monopoly money??? And what is it you would eat, again?
LMAO @ Charlestudor.
  • oden
  • 07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Regardless, you need to cooperate with Treasury as to where that bill came from. Most of the time it is a bank that breaks large bills. So where the hundred come from other than a bank is key info.
1) How do you know she's not lying?
2) How do you know you're the only guy whose money was in the stack of cash she took to the bank that day?
3) How do you know she didn't get a counterfeit bill and decided to call all 5 guys she saw the last week and tell each one he was the guy who gave her the counterfeit bill?

It does bring up the point that it's probably a good idea to check your bills before you go to an appointment to see if there's any counterfeits there. Look at some bills, learn how the watermarks, strips, and microprinting look.

This might make it a good idea to consider paying with smaller bills, too.
See below.

1) How do you know she's not lying? Providers never lie or stretch the truth.
2) How do you know you're the only guy whose money was in the stack of cash she took to the bank that day? She's low volume like all providers. He was the only client that week.
3) How do you know she didn't get a counterfeit bill and decided to call all 5 guys she saw the last week and tell each one he was the guy who gave her the counterfeit bill? See the answer to Question #1.

It does bring up the point that it's probably a good idea to check your bills before you go to an appointment to see if there's any counterfeits there. Look at some bills, learn how the watermarks, strips, and microprinting look.

This might make it a good idea to consider paying with smaller bills, too. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
+1 on checking the bills and smaller denominations.
Flyinghillbilly needs to get a better printer?
I have a hundred Pecos you could have....
Use smaller bills Pay in 1 dollar bills, Rolls of Quarters!!
When I bartended at this strip club someone gave me a fake...
I had to eat it....
So she needs to move on....
shit happens...
make it up to her...
or get a bank statement...
they always wil give proof...
Good luck
Tiff--before I visit...do you take Monopoly money??? And what is it you would eat, again? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I eat dicks, silly Charlie...and no, Monoply money just will not do! But...I DO play games! o