Louisiana Gov says they will arrest Westboro Baptist protesters

Finally, a Politician I can like. The governor of Louisiana just said on Face The Nation that if Westboro Baptist Church tries to protest the funerals that they will "Arrest and lock them up. They won't put up with that in Louisiana."

It's about time.
The Patriot Guard was formed in Kansas years ago to keep those fuckers away from military and other funerals.
Finally, a Politician I can like. The governor of Louisiana just said on Face The Nation that if Westboro Baptist Church tries to protest the funerals that they will "Arrest and lock them up. They won't put up with that in Louisiana."

It's about time. Originally Posted by skbinks

I hate the westboro church but what charges?

Your avatar made me laugh!

I hate the westboro church but what charges?

Your avatar made me laugh! Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Yeah, I saw this image and loved it.

They can hold them for questioning. They can then ask them the next day why they are in town and release them. Depending on the law, they could arrest them for protesting without a permit if more than a certain amount of people are involved. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know, both of those are just guesses.

I just like that the Governor will at least try and do something to prevent it.
While the Westboro Baptist Church is a bunch of inbred morally repugnant fame seekers...........
As an American I can't see how you can advocate a government body taking away their First Amendment rights to peacefully assemble and make their voice heard, even if it is as distasteful as theirs is.
Isn't he a presidential candidate? Hard to keep up with all the little people in it these days.

So I guess that means if he is against any one group in America, as president he would think he could just gather them all up and put them in prison for a day or two. What if he didn't like the group in Ferguson or Baltimore that protested? Just throw them all in jail for 48 hours? I'm not disputing the OP, actually, it sounds exactly like what most of the Repub candidates would do.
  • DSK
  • 07-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Finally, a Politician I can like. The governor of Louisiana just said on Face The Nation that if Westboro Baptist Church tries to protest the funerals that they will "Arrest and lock them up. They won't put up with that in Louisiana." It's about time. Originally Posted by skbinks
It is Un-American you commie!!
The Napoleonic code does not allow that idiot to usurp the natural rights of men as guaranteed by the constitution - hopefully he will realize his most grievous error.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
It is Un-American you commie!!
The Napoleonic code does not allow that idiot to usurp the natural rights of men as guaranteed by the constitution - hopefully he will realize his most grievous error.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Originally Posted by DSK
Commie? LOL, your funny.
I believe they have the right to free speech and to protest, let them talk and protest all they want inside their own church building. He didn't say they couldn't, he said he wasn't going to let them do it at these funerals.
What should happen is... the citizens should show up and give them a good old fashioned ass whooping.
  • DSK
  • 07-26-2015, 02:52 PM
What should happen is... the citizens should show up and give them a good old fashioned ass whooping. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Quite a few people need that, mi amigo!
  • WTF
  • 07-26-2015, 04:17 PM

It's about time. Originally Posted by skbinks
Sounds like something straight out Nazi Germany.

Fucking Bobby J should be sent to India on boat to experience The Life of Pi.
  • DSK
  • 07-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Sounds like something straight out Nazi Germany.

Fucking Bobby J should be sent to India on boat to experience The Life of Pi. Originally Posted by WTF
Well put!
Commie? LOL, your funny.
I believe they have the right to free speech and to protest, let them talk and protest all they want inside their own church building. He didn't say they couldn't, he said he wasn't going to let them do it at these funerals. Originally Posted by skbinks
I believe there has already been a court case supporting the Westboro idiots. They should just ignore them and give them O press coverage. They have the right to protest, but they don't have the right to make everyone listen to them.
While the Westboro Baptist Church is a bunch of inbred morally repugnant fame seekers...........
As an American I can't see how you can advocate a government body taking away their First Amendment rights to peacefully assemble and make their voice heard, even if it is as distasteful as theirs is. Originally Posted by novacain
Completely agree. First Amendment doesn't guarantee you'll agree with the speech, but it's allowed. They're a bunch of bible-thumping idiots, but they still have the right.
The Patriot Guard can handle them. Jindal should stand down. He will just give them another SCOTUS win.