ATFs/Girlfriends

I have a question for the masses.

Guys, if you have a buddy and know that he has a strong connection with a provider past an ATF and bordering on girlfriend status, would you still book a session with that provider. Or would you pass and not see her because of your buddy's connections with that provider.

Ladies, have you ever been or are you in a similar situation where you feel that because of your friendship with a hobbiest you notice a decrease in your hobby business.

Just curious.

Guys, if you have a buddy and know that he has a strong connection with a provider past an ATF and bordering on girlfriend status, would you still book a session with that provider. Or would you pass and not see her because of your buddy's connections with that provider.

Just curious. Originally Posted by Elgato69
Unless my buddy's provider was his sister or my ex-wife, I'd be good to go...

Huck
I would book as long as she was still providing.
Ladies, have you ever been or are you in a similar situation where you feel that because of your friendship with a hobbiest you notice a decrease in your hobby business. Originally Posted by Elgato69
Yes. CK's a buddy. I genuinely like the guy, we call each other just to bullshit or see how the other's doing. He knows my real name. He's the only hobbyist who has ever known where my house was.

When I was UTR, I went to all the socials and there were a few people convinced I was his mistress, or "his" provider, or something like that. A Houston guy said he'd ask me but he didn't want to make CK mad. Others thought I'd get them in trouble with CK if they behaved badly (then don't behave badly, goofy!). I never seemed to have the same problem when I traveled to Corpus, thank goodness. Maybe that's why I liked it here.

ETA: I was never his ATF or girlfriend, and he was never "my guy". Just friends.
good thread...I am interested in seeing the comments on this one.....

yes I am being a smart ass

Ladies, have you ever been or are you in a similar situation where you feel that because of your friendship with a hobbiest you notice a decrease in your hobby business.

Just curious. Originally Posted by Elgato69
How hot is this chick? Solid 7 and up,and I'm so hitting that!
*chuckles*

Really, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. You're all in the hobby for heaven's sake.
If a guy's going to get all bent over his ATF seeing other dudes,
he really needs to step back and check his act.

The way I see it, if she's my ATF, I'd rather her visit my friends whom I know to be good guys
than see some unknown tool who might cause her harm.

HELL YES I'D BOOK A SESSION!!! In the word "team" there is no "I" so thats why i'm not a team player.
  • dcarr
  • 02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
No problem here if she is willing to provide.
unless I see one of these....

things are as they should be...and its nice having you as a friend EmilyHemingway!!
this is a business after all and NOT a dating service as far as I remember
There you go Gato, now you should be ok with me seeing her! Now gimmie her f'n number! lol J/k.
O yea. ATF....Fuck yes.

Boardering GF ....No.

But thats ONLY me. When that happend to me. It bothered me alittle to see her with friends and others but it fucked up her world when some dumb fuck showed her a review on somone else I saw.
This is the hobby, not e-fricking-harmony.

NO ROOM for jealousy here folks.
  • dcarr
  • 02-06-2010, 06:21 AM
This is the hobby, not e-fricking-harmony.

NO ROOM for jealousy here folks. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
Well put
Well, I may have had a few run-ins with the subject:

1. He told everyone we were dating - He still told everyone how fabulous I was and that they should schedule with me, but because of the high regard people in the hobby had for him, some wouldn't see me (or used it as an excuse). Either way, I didn't blame him until he got upset and started calling my clients directly and bad mouthing me.

2. I dated a client - That was the dumbest thing I have EVER done. He was jealous of just about everyone I saw and deleted every male number from my personal telephone. Turns out, unbeknownst to me, the SOB was married!!! Needless to say, I got out of the business for 6 weeks and my absence frustrated a lot of my friends. I'm still trying to re-coup the costs of getting out then back into the business.

3. I "hung out" with a hobbiest - I became rather close to an infamous hobbiest in Houston and hung out with him and his 500 closest hobbyiest friends. Well that pretty much sucked because I enjoy his company but because we showed up at so many events together, people got the wrong impression... or maybe they got the right impression which is why we stopped hanging out so much. Either way, I can honestly say that while it may have hurt my business for a moment, in the long run I think it helped it by me getting to know other hobbyiests more personally. Guys who would have NEVER seen me bcd now see me because they know me more personally... although, I guess that could have gone the opposite way. I'm still friends with the hobbyiest in question, just not as close as we were before and for the record, we both consider that a close call!!!

4. I became close friends with a hobbiest - I became close friends with a hobbiest who is married, both in and out of the hobby. Our flirtatious banter and my frequent trips to his city left the impression on his Hobby SO that there is/was something more. He is a great friend and a pal. People, inclusive of his Hobby SO, think there is something more between us and that I visit just to see him, but in reality, we haven't seen each other bcd in a LONG, LONG time. Our friendship has only helped my busines though.

Gato, I'm going to answer your question with another question... could it be easier to blame the "friend" who has become close to the provider rather than just give credit where it was due?

In all scenarios above, I take full blame for my decisions to bolster the relationships with the people involved and if I lost any business, it was my fault for not keeping the fascade that it was always strictly business.