Cancellation Fees

How do you all feel about cancellation fees? I have heard of providers that charge them, but my feelings on the matter is that we are all human and that you wouldn't charge me if I had to cancel for some reason, why would I charge you?

My question is, has this ever happened to you and if so, how did you feel about the situation? Did you know about the potential cancellation fee? How did you find out about it? Was it clearly stated in their ad or on their website? Did you pay it? If you couldn't make the appointment, how did you get the money to the provider? Did she threaten you?
How do you all feel about cancellation fees? I have heard of providers that charge them, but my feelings on the matter is that we are all human and that you wouldn't charge me if I had to cancel for some reason, why would I charge you?

My question is, has this ever happened to you and if so, how did you feel about the situation? Did you know about the potential cancellation fee? How did you find out about it? Was it clearly stated in their ad or on their website? Did you pay it? If you couldn't make the appointment, how did you get the money to the provider? Did she threaten you? Originally Posted by AidanMacKenna
I am all for it. All the NC/NSs that I have had with no warning, car trouble, sky falling, nuclear bomb threat, I have heard it all. No baby sitter.
Pay me for the time I lost.
Great topic!

I make it a point to not miss an appointment. However if there were some sort of serious emergency (God forbid!) and I had to cancel/reschedule, I'd be turned off by a provider who demands a fee! I'd be more inclined to just tip generously for the inconvenience next time I see that provider, because hell, I might want to see her again! Cancellation fees, though understandable, are just a turn off to me but then again I rarely have to cancel/reschedule. Us guys have to deal with plenty of NC/NS and random cancellations as well. That is why we have boards like this to inform people on who the bad apples are that do it too often.

I would I'd like to pose a similar question, if you don't mind!

Has anyone seen a provider and just not "clicked" when you met or just had a completely different expectation? What's the etiquette for canceling right then and there?
In 5 years I have cancelled 1 appointment on short notice (4 hours) and I was sick as a dog. I was doing the lady a favor. There is NO excuse for the NO CALL (by either party). As far as I'm concerned, charging for that is fair game, whatever form that may take.
  • Rebel
  • 02-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I've seen it when a lady flies in town for a couple of days or week visit since she is giving up days worth of biz. But for just a hr or so appt. don't think so. Shit happens , no one likes cancellations and if a guy or girl gets the rep of cancelling to often word gets out.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The one time I encountered it was in the reply requesting a session. When I said ok if it went both ways she stoped responding.

I have had maybe half a dozen NCNS from ladies in the past ten years. I have had to cancel or reschedule about the same number of times.

My question is, has this ever happened to you and if so, how did you feel about the situation? Did you know about the potential cancellation fee? How did you find out about it? Was it clearly stated in their ad or on their website? Did you pay it? If you couldn't make the appointment, how did you get the money to the provider? Did she threaten you? Originally Posted by AidanMacKenna
Do you mean you were offering me a CASH cancellation gift last time you canceled our appointment ? Damn, I thought you were talking about "Making it up to me", the next time we meet.
I am all for it. All the NC/NSs that I have had with no warning, car trouble, sky falling, nuclear bomb threat, I have heard it all. No baby sitter.
Pay me for the time I lost. Originally Posted by Htowner
+1
Do you mean you were offering me a CASH cancellation gift last time you canceled our appointment ? Damn, I thought you were talking about "Making it up to me", the next time we meet. Originally Posted by Bubba382
LOL!!! I DID, in fact, offer you a small monetary amount for your the gasoline you consumed to get to the appointment and for the coffee, etc. when last I had to cancel (although I'm hoping that it was a "reschedule" and not a cancellation).

I have to say stopping by the room to check on me, give me gatorade and tuck me into bed was a really nice touch.

And that, my friends, is what this hobby is about. Caring for each other as the dysfunctional family that we are. We are all human and should be treated as such.
I enforced my cancellation policy after a well known hobbyist in corpus gave me the run around the last time I worked in corpus...in august. I had seen him once, in july and even saw him at 7am. He had made plans by text to see me again but had to reshedule. Cool, whatever...maybe next time. Then booked to see me the day of the social at 4pm. He found out I arrived early and tried to move our appt up but I couldn't due to other activites planned. I plan, pre-book and try to go off a schedule when I come into corpus. I agreed to move our appt time. He then texted the day of and wanted to change the time and I said whatever that I would see him later at the social and we would go from there. I later found out that he booked an appt with every traveling provider and was waiting until the social to pickand choose who he really wanted to spend time with. He said he would get with me the next day and then texted saying it wouldn't work out. At that time I told him I charge a cancellation fee of which is half my rate. He needed to make arraingments to get it me or I would post an alert of his behavior. The time he jacked me around I could've booked another appt or kept my plans. I think he should have known that all of providers talk and share info with eachother. I am not the only he has done that to. I also believe if you take the time to book and set up the incall and am traveling and you cancel for a ridiculous reason...you owe me for the time you booked....and it will go towards the time you reschedule. But that's just me and so far it works for me.....

I do not personally believe in them and NEVER will use them. I have had gents cancel on me when I was traveling. I have had some even jerk me around about a session and did not charge one. I think if you are going to charge one, it should be stated on your website or ad. If you do not state you have one, I think you are being dishonest with your clients.

I have also had to cancel a few appts last minute. I usually try to give the gent plenty of notice. Either way, I always offer him extra time if he agrees to see me again and does.

Does it cost us money as providers when we travel if someone cancels on us? Yes it does. It is also a risk you know you are taking when you travel. If you do not want to take that risk, do not travel then.

Also like I said before, if you want to charge a cancellation fee, then be honest about it. It is your right and your business to run how you want to charge a cancellation fee, but it is also your job to be honest with a gent or potential client about it...
I have never charged a cancellation fee. Life happens; I understand that.
  • Chloe
  • 02-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I have never charged a cancelation fee . . . life happens . . . but on the other hand a loyal and/or new well screened client will have their pick of time before the guy who cancels does.

If I make an appointment I keep it. I have been a few minutes late or had to bump to a different time due to life circumstances. I have never canceled unless I was jerked around for too long and could not wait around for answers. I as a provider that do more appointments than you as a client make. If I can be at zreo cancelations on a definate appointment . . .then I believe that on the other end with substantial time to plan and schedule canceling should not happen often. There I envoke a rule of I'll give you one chance . . . but 3 times is not the charm for me lol.
I also think the reverse should be in effect also. When I put in the work, I should be taken care of as well. I just sayin.....lol j/k
While I don't really like cancellation fees being asked for on either side I can understand if someone does has them and posts them on their websites. If I need to cancel on short notice I am then very generous at the next appointment and would hope a provider would do the same for me if the reverse is true.