Use of Square, PayPal or Google Wallet

You guys probably have discussed this, but why is technology like Square or Google wallet not used in hobbyist provider transactions? I see that most fear in the use of cash, because of the legal matters. But if money is paid in advance then there is no exchange happening between hobbyist and provider. Using Wallet, money can be sent to anyone without a receipt or explanation. Only problem, both parties must be honest and pay / provide as agreed.
Only problem, both parties must be honest and pay / provide as agreed. Originally Posted by Golpacha
You just answered your own question. I mean, how many scammers pop up if we send $300.00 the day before we meet our party? :O

Plus, it creates a paper trail to a real identity as somewhere we more than likely used a bank account to put money on google wallet or paypal or whatever other service we're discussing.
Plus, to get the money the provider often has to use her real name and/or ss# and that is not desirable.
This is a little bit of a tangent, but I ran into a couple strippers in Atlanta that had previously worked in NYC & Vegas. They were surprised more of the gals in ATL weren't using smart phone swipe apps and accepting credit cards for VIP gratuity or floor dances. Said it was commonplace there.

They said they like it because the guy never had the "I don't have that kinda cash on me"

It worked for the guys because it did create a paper trail and they could expense (not legitimately, but hey...)

Obviously this limits discretion but some people really don't care about creating a paper trail.

The downside I saw for them was that it would be very possible for the guys to just call and have the charges taken off claiming they were in error, but they'd never had a problem with that
I paid for a session in Bitcoin once. Solves paper trail and chargeback issues, but it can be a headache to convert back and forth to USD.
I paid for a session in Bitcoin once. Solves paper trail and chargeback issues, but it can be a headache to convert back and forth to USD. Originally Posted by Althalus
Hey, knock Bitcoin all you want folks...it's still better than the Ruble
That actually would be most secured and no trail!

And the way bitcoin prices are going up - it wouldn't hurt anyone to leave some in the account for few months.

I paid for a session in Bitcoin once. Solves paper trail and chargeback issues, but it can be a headache to convert back and forth to USD. Originally Posted by Althalus
You just answered your own question. I mean, how many scammers pop up if we send $300.00 the day before we meet our party? :O

Plus, it creates a paper trail to a real identity as somewhere we more than likely used a bank account to put money on google wallet or paypal or whatever other service we're discussing. Originally Posted by sketchball82
Yeah, I know there can be chances of scam and that's where ECCIE would be helpful. You don't send money to anyone who not reputed here. Most providers won't meet people who are verified here. But, yeah - I know some people will be dishonest and it will break the system.

It creates a paper trail. No doubt about that.
cash is king
There needs to be a better solution because I am running into the same issue. I am using a virtual wallet as well but that requires a business license which makes taxes time tricky. Or the fact that I don't like carrying money on me when I go from one date to the next.
Go for it ... what could possibly go wrong?
cash is king Originally Posted by joesmo888
I have ONLY ever used cash.
There needs to be a better solution because I am running into the same issue. I am using a virtual wallet as well but that requires a business license which makes taxes time tricky. Or the fact that I don't like carrying money on me when I go from one date to the next. Originally Posted by Rein_Symone
Do you not have time between appts to go lock it up? You can put a safe in your car or even in the room. Or you can run home or to the bank... Even when i tour, i have time to go lock it either in the hotel safe or run to a branch of my bank and deposit...