Dentist - no Dental insurance?

Likely impacted wisdom teeth - very painful but no dental insurance.

What options are there?
Clinics? Medical trials? Places with payment plans?

Thanks!
Foreign travel for dental care outside the US is becoming more popular, but probably doesn't make sense for something as "small" as wisdom teeth.

The pros and cons should be obvious.
Go to Laredo, will probably cost you less than $80.
Just recently heard a commercial looking for study participants in Austin for pain meds related to wisdom teeth removal. Wish I could tell you more, but I don't remember the details other than it was on KLBJ.
Just recently heard a commercial looking for study participants in Austin for pain meds related to wisdom teeth removal. Wish I could tell you more, but I don't remember the details other than it was on KLBJ. Originally Posted by Slotgoop

I think it requires you to be within a healthy weight range so it is not a choice for all.....

I sooo feel you pain..the one and only time I had to cancell last minute on someone was 2 thanksgivings ago and my nerve became exposed and sent that mind stuttering numbing rock back n forth pain.......There is a place I found downtown St Chrities I believe that do dental work on a pay scale cost me $50 to have it pulled....Only thing is He put his foot right on my breast bone to give himself what ever he needed to pull....Pretty sure that wasnt right but the tooth came out and the pain was gone...
OMG Vicki, did you at least have pain meds to numb it first? I know this one place out in Liberty Hill, they are pretty reasonable. You may PM me for their info. Damn I am so happy I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was young and still on my folks insurance. I can only imagine the cost if I had to pay for it myself since I had to be completly put under.
If they ARE impacted, you really do need to get it done right. The difference between a good dentist/orthodontist and a hack is a really big deal.

Good luck.
I think it requires you to be within a healthy weight range so it is not a choice for all.....

I sooo feel you pain..the one and only time I had to cancell last minute on someone was 2 thanksgivings ago and my nerve became exposed and sent that mind stuttering numbing rock back n forth pain.......There is a place I found downtown St Chrities I believe that do dental work on a pay scale cost me $50 to have it pulled....Only thing is He put his foot right on my breast bone to give himself what ever he needed to pull....Pretty sure that wasnt right but the tooth came out and the pain was gone... Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
Vikki - I think I know where you're talking about. Doesn't he also fix large truck tires and sells tacos out of the back of his truck as well?
OMG Vicki, did you at least have pain meds to numb it first? I know this one place out in Liberty Hill, they are pretty reasonable. You may PM me for their info. Damn I am so happy I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was young and still on my folks insurance. I can only imagine the cost if I had to pay for it myself since I had to be completly put under. Originally Posted by Sexy Roxanne

You would think so... but no not all the way ..atleast not for the first two pulls..The nice doctor in the er later that night gave me some pain meds after seeing my cheek swelled the size of a softball
I am now afraid of the dentist
  • Paven
  • 11-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Foot on your breastbone?! What the helk?! How deep in were those buggahs?
They weren't in deep at all..already came threw but broken
  • Paven
  • 11-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Oh that's not well at all. Mine looked like Saber tooth tiger teeth lol.