Security of the site

I doubt if the mods would have a ready answer here, but I was curious what if anything the operators/hosts of the site are doing to prevent a hacking episode and the outing of everyone on here? Purging the data collected like credit cards on a scheduled basis perhaps?
Using fake names and avatars is great, but if you've punched in a personal credit card number to buy access (as some of the newer hobbyists do) to scope things out before you start playing, you are at risk. The surefire way to prevent this type of event is to buy a prepaid Visa, MC, etc. and use it to access any adult sites for which you may be buying a subscription. Not sure how it works on the ladies' end, but it still could be a concern for them as well Complacency could be the killer of your reputation and business if one is not careful.
How do I know this?
I was on the Ashley Madison list. Hell of a lesson in cyber-security.
PR
What prepaid cards work for a site like this? Thought you had to give info to have a card sent to you
You can buy a Visa/MC with a specific amount of money loaded on the card for such adventures. Available at most banks for a small fee. My bank charges me $4. Money well damned spent!
No name is tied to it? Nice
You can buy those at Kroger in the gift card area too.
Works for all providers that accept PayPal! Me included.
Ive tried to use the gift cards that can be used anywhere and can add more money to them. Mind fails me, cant remember what you call them. It denies everytime.

Last time i used my bank card, it locked up my bank account for possible fraud. Ever since decided i'll never use my bank card again. Shouldnt have to begin with.
Walmart has MasterCards in the gift card rack. I've never tried to use one.

I'm also very concerned about the site security. I can't find any answers about who actually operates it, or how they respond to LE requests. The IP traces to the Netherlands so I'm guessing they are using a host or proxy there to avoid LE.

I try to keep my inbox/sent folders empty just in case they ever get hacked or give LE my info. And I registered with a hobby email account, and used unique passwords.

I'd like to hear about the suffering you must have went thru from having your name in the Ashley Madison list. One of the cops in my small town was in the list. And another was a preacher. I think it's on topic because people need to be aware of what's at stake here.
Ignore my earlier post, slightly off-topic due to skimming the subject matter in a hurry.

Using prepaid cards and alternate identities for hobby membership is always a good idea.
Its the best thing too do with NSA
Sure makes you think twice about writing a review when you go into the juicy details of your encounter. Imagine a "significant other" being privy to those details. As Eddie Murphy used to say, "Let me give you one word when you start talking divorce---HALF!"
In response to an earlier post, I have a card that is not "reloadable", but you can buy a new one at the bank for a $4 fee. Cheap insurance.
Sure makes you think twice about writing a review when you go into the juicy details of your encounter. Imagine a "significant other" being privy to those details. As Eddie Murphy used to say, "Let me give you one word when you start talking divorce---HALF!"
In response to an earlier post, I have a card that is not "reloadable", but you can buy a new one at the bank for a $4 fee. Cheap insurance.
  • BK
  • 05-17-2017, 08:44 AM
Why do you even need a credit card for this site? I have never needed one.
I was sorta wondering the same thing as I assumed u could just write reviews to get credit?

Why do you even need a credit card for this site? I have never needed one. Originally Posted by BK
As Eddie Murphy used to say, "Let me give you one word when you start talking divorce---HALF!" Originally Posted by ParrotheadRich
"Divorce--from the Latin for 'to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet'."
--Robin Williams (RIP)

That said, though, the question of security of credit card information here is different from the question of the security of the information posted here. It's been a four or more years since I bought permanent PA here, but my recollection is that the site uses a third-party billing service (CCBill? Or something like it, though CCBill seems to be the service of choice for adult websites and dating sites.) The CC security question needs to be directed to them.

Cheers,

bcg