Who's watching?

I'm a show junky and have not watched cable for the past 6 or so years, just network TV.
Last year I had access to Direct TV for the past year. So off to the races I went.
The big players are;
HBO
Showtime
Starz
Max

I've heard about some of the shows but short of the Sopranos I haven't watched any of the current shows.
I binged first on the wire (non current show). This was great as I also watched "The Affair" on showtime with the same actor.
I don't watch much network TV anymore short of a few guilty pleasure when none of my cable shows are on.

So here we go, these are the shows I'm watching, all current shows.
Showtime: The Affair, Shameless, Episodes, Homeland, House of lies.
HBO; Game of thrones, Veep. Girls.
Starz; Black Sails, Outlander.
Max; Banshee, The Knick.

I know there are a lot more great shows but my viewing time is limited.
So what are you watching?

IB
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful Originally Posted by SOULFLY
That's on my "to watch list"

IB
True Detectives is awesome also.
I don't want to overstep any newbie boundaries here because I'm new to eccie, but, um, why is Netflix not included in your list? You need to get on that!!

Netflix has some great shows. My top three suggestions are House of Cards (which has a British version as well, which my mom swears is better than the American, Kevin Spacey version), Orange is the New Black (I see you enjoy Shameless and Girls, so I suspect you'll enjoy OITNB), and also, the Killing is un-fucking-believable, frankly, and I'm mad at myself for taking so long to start watching it. I am about to start season 3, which I hear is actually the best season. The Killing (like a number of shows) started on regular TV, but now it's a Netflix series.
If you want to watch a guy's show, try Strike Back on Cinemax. This year is the last season but it is action packed with hotties, too!
I don't want to overstep any newbie boundaries here because I'm new to eccie, but, um, why is Netflix not included in your list? You need to get on that!!
Originally Posted by BiancaBonVivant
yes I have known about Netflix, reason it was not on my list is I had Direct TV and was watching what was on there at the time as it was sensory overload with all the marathons and benging. Simply there is way to many good shows to watch them all. But those all look like great shows, thanks.

IB
As for network TV I am enjoying Hannibal, kind of dark but a good watch when nothing else is on.

IB
Since you're on this Board, you definitely need to check out "Masters of Sex" on Showtime. It's all about Masters & Johnson, the sex researchers. I think Season 3 is just about to start.

It's great, and in a strange way, informative as well.

+1 on HBO's "True Detective" as well. Season 2 just started, but you HAVE to check out Season 1 on HBO On Demand. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson -- spooky cajun voodoo shit. Awesome!!
Ray Donovan, House of cards
Black Mirror (UK, they are all one-off hour-long episodes, only seven total... good for when you don't want to get lost in a binge)

Review with Forrest MacNeil - off kilter show about a tv host who reviews life experiences... it gets pretty crazy, but I really liked it. Also, half-hour episodes, also good for when you need a break but don't have time for a marathon.

I second and third Hannibal and True Detective. Both truly superlative offerings.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Some that I enjoy/have enjoyed...

Babylon 5
Elementary
Life On Mars
Major Crimes
Political Animals
Game of Thrones
Spartacus
Rome
Sopranos
Nurse Jackie
Since you're on this Board, you definitely need to check out "Masters of Sex" on Showtime. It's all about Masters & Johnson, the sex researchers. I think Season 3 is just about to start.

It's great, and in a strange way, informative as well. Originally Posted by The Allnighter
Love, love, LOVE this show!
Love, love, LOVE this show! Originally Posted by Claire She Blows
I've seen DVDs of that show on the shelves at the local library..

Hmm.
I'm a Criminal Minds junkie. it's my absolute fave. Also watching House of Cards, A.D., person of interest and elementary.