I've got the craving...

...for a hamburger. Where's the best place in Dallas? I don't mean whataburger or some other fast food chain. I want an awesome, slap-yo-mama hamburger that borders on a religious experience. Any recommendations?
Twisted Root and Maple and Motor. both featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. both great.

and Liberty Burgers too. lots of others.
Burger Island. About two blocks North of 183 on Story in Irving. The chili burger with onions on a sesame seed bun.

Homemade fries or Texas toothpicks(deep fried jalapenos) on the side.

Check out their reviews and showcase.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/m/r/13/161131

Ask about their specials!
fuck i want a hamburger. or some tacos.
Taco Bell on every corner.
  • ~Ze~
  • 07-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Fuck twisted root. Ewwwww.

Haystack's is where it's at. Belt Line and 75.
Jakes hamburgers is the best. The one on Beltline closed I guess about 6 months ago. I miss that place.
burger island chili burger hard to beat.... angry dog in deep ellum has a good burger
chips on lovers are pretty good and have the onion rings
I'm partial to Kincaid's.
smash burger is awesome
Scotty P's in Plano gets my vote.

And Tara is (was) right about Jakes, the original was down the street from Scotty P's and it was always a tough call which one to eat. Sadly, that Jakes closed last year.
I like a greazzy kellers chili burger, or maybe it's just all the beer that makes me think it's that good?
Best burger I've had in this area is in Hico: The Koffee Kup. They have 8 different styles, all delicious. A great reason to take a motorcycle ride. You might have a wait on a Sunday.
Freds, downtown Fort Worth off 7th. Yummy!
Off Site Kitchen. Irving blvd at wycliff...serious burger lover's know this is the top spot for a true burger experience...dripping beef fat and homemade excellence.

CBD Provision at the Joule's Hotel in downtown. Very excellent.

But don't take my word for it. Read what top NYC food critic thought (pictures included) of OSK.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...allas-tx.html#