Who likes Broadway musicals?

I do! I have seen a bunch, both on Broadway and touring productions of Broadway shows. Favorites so far have been Hamilton, which I saw a couple of months ago on Broadway (great show once you get acclimated to the founding fathers rapping), and Wicked, which I saw on Broadway a couple of years ago. Wicked is probably my favorite of all. Just an incredible show.
  • Sandy
  • 06-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Motown the musical
Wicked
Book of Mormon
I heard Book of Mormon was great! Haven't seen it yet though.
  • Sandy
  • 06-17-2016, 09:54 PM
You should, it is very good~
  • frodo
  • 06-17-2016, 11:40 PM
I'll be glad when Robinson Center is completed so more shows will come to town.
I use to go all the time. I was just thinking the other day how Much I would like to start going to more shows. I have a minor in music so its in my blood!!! The first musical I saw was Peter Pan. I was hooked. It was magical. To me if they make a movie from a BROADWAY musical its not the same. Much better on stage!!!!
Never been lucky enough to catch a musical on Broadway.. or even visit NYC for that matter.. but I have caught several on tour. Fiddler on the roof if still one of my favorites.
Never been lucky enough to catch a musical on Broadway.. or even visit NYC for that matter.. but I have caught several on tour. Fiddler on the roof if still one of my favorites. Originally Posted by nevercanhavetoomuch
Nothing wrong with the tours. I've seen a lot of shows at the Walton Arts Center too, and many of them are performed just as well as the ones on Broadway. Main difference is that you don't get the ambience of a whole theater built around the show, and some of the special effects that can only be done in a dedicated theater. Fiddler is great, an all-time classic. I think the last show I caught at the WAC was Jersey Boys. Not one of my favorites but definitely some great performances by some really talented people.

I caught Hair at the WAC a while back. It was OK, but I thought sure they'd tone down the nudity for us here in the Bible belt. Nope! It was funny to see the audience reactions, which ranged between horrified and highly amused.
BTW, it was just announced that they are filming the Broadway production of Hamilton before creator / star Lin-Manuel Miranda leaves. I believe it will be aired on PBS, though it's not yet clear if it will be aired continuously or as clips in a documentary.

Seeing Hamilton was definitely one of the high points of my musical theater experiences to date. The production values, performances, effects, innovation....stunning. I can't get the songs out of my head!

https://youtu.be/NBkI_9cr1Ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtLKdQW40Xo&t=2m14s
Nothing wrong with the tours. I've seen a lot of shows at the Walton Arts Center too, and many of them are performed just as well as the ones on Broadway. Main difference is that you don't get the ambience of a whole theater built around the show, and some of the special effects that can only be done in a dedicated theater. Fiddler is great, an all-time classic. I think the last show I caught at the WAC was Jersey Boys. Not one of my favorites but definitely some great performances by some really talented people.

I caught Hair at the WAC a while back. It was OK, but I thought sure they'd tone down the nudity for us here in the Bible belt. Nope! It was funny to see the audience reactions, which ranged between horrified and highly amused. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Walton Arts Center? Was this in relation to the Wal-Mart Waltons? I'm not from Arkansas so I wouldn't know.
Walton Arts Center? Was this in relation to the Wal-Mart Waltons? I'm not from Arkansas so I wouldn't know. Originally Posted by Sweet Casey
Yep!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walton_Arts_Center
Phantom of the Opera is probably my favorite. Not sure why, but did not enjoy Wicked.
There are so many great ones on Broadway. Wicked, Fiddler on the Roof, Chicago (simple yet excellent) Kinky Boots (very funny) and call my crazy but The Lion King was amazing! Would be nice to have a little more culture in Arkansas!
There are so many great ones on Broadway. Wicked, Fiddler on the Roof, Chicago (simple yet excellent) Kinky Boots (very funny) and call my crazy but The Lion King was amazing! Would be nice to have a little more culture in Arkansas! Originally Posted by Elvisisalive
I would be interested in seeing "Chicago." I'm just saying.

I've always wanted to see Phantom of the Opera, too. Never have!
Ginger. You play nice and maybe someone will take you to "Chicago"! Phantom of the opera is a classic. The first show on Broadway that I saw and got me hooked!