Fund raising ideas for a sea turtle campaign.

Hi there,

I have been accepted as a volunteer on a sea turtle campaign. I will be out of the country for two weeks patrolling the beach (along with a awesome group for a awesome conservation organization) keeping wild life and poachers away from the sea turtle eggs. I will also be lucky enough to be there when they hatch.

Doing something like that has been a life long dream of mine and I hope to make something like this a yearly tradition.

Sooooooooooo I need fund raising ideas.

Help. I need ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !1
Car wash in Ninja Turtle costumes!
LMAO!
Raffle - $10 a ticket and then raffle off a free session or such. Only issue is how to collect the money.
car wash....

• Tetas
  • 05-29-2014, 01:26 PM
I would suggest selling turtle soup, but that might not go over too well.
How bout selling chocolate turtles? Love them little buggers!

Hmm. Guess we don't really wanna put the idea of eating them in anyone's head...guess your stuck with a car wash!
pony rides....

• MojoR
  • 05-29-2014, 05:41 PM
You could try setting something up on GoFundMe. http://www.gofundme.com/
It will help you reach a wider audience. Have you spoken with the group that you are going with to see if they have ways for volunteers to help raise funds?
You could try setting something up on GoFundMe. http://www.gofundme.com/
It will help you reach a wider audience. Have you spoken with the group that you are going with to see if they have ways for volunteers to help raise funds? Originally Posted by MojoR
This is what I was going to suggest. People love to contribute to feel good projects such as this one.

What country are you going to, if you don't mind sharing that information?

I went on a night time tour on a beach in Costa Rica once to see the sea turtles hatch. You will really have to walk, possibly for hours in the dark with one of those infrared flashlights, before seeing anything. And you might not see the turtles at all.

At least that was my experience. Even back then, turtle egg poachers were a huge issue.

Sounds like a wonderful life experience. Although I personally couldn't imagine volunteering to do something like that for 2 weeks, though. Seems like the work will be somewhat dangerous and also, monotonous (when it's not being absolutely scary).

Just be safe!

Good luck! Let us know if there is a fund created. I'll contribute!
I will be going to Costa Rica and I know it is going to be scary and boring at times but well worth it. Poachers are a HUGE issue that is why there is a group of us going. I'm working on getting in really great shape for it because I know we are going to be walking out asses off. In fact, the welcome packet actually talks about the physical dangers and the weight loss issue.

My life goal is to go on a anti whaling campaign. :-)
Feeling tons better. That was the sickest I've EVER been in my life.

I was REALLY lucky that there is a AWESOME group of people who were willing to help me through that difficult period. In fact, I turned down about 2k that day because I had already raise the monies needed.

It really restored my faith in people.
You could say you're a virgin and offer yourself up to the highest bidder. I hear that does pretty well on the internet . . .

In all seriousness, maybe hosting a social and placing donation boxes in a few locations there? Calling it a social / fund raiser would probably help.
Kaylee, I'd get a message to Vanilla Ice... he made a mint off of turtles.....you remember, .....get with a hero......or some such......are these turtles ninjas?

My life goal is to go on a anti whaling campaign. :-) Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick

I've been a member of Sea Shepherd for 3-4 years, and as soon as I have the finances to take that sorta time off, I plan to head down to Australia and join their southern ocean campaign.