Fake Pics on the welcome board.

What do you all think about allowing of the calling out on the fake pic. I don't mean dated ones. I know providers do this and you will not be the ones I see. You will be called out on this if we ever meet. I mean the ones that are none celebs or ones that are used all over the web. The mods have to spank us every time we call BS on these misleading people. We do not want this community to turn into the trash of Backpage. Damit, we are Eccie! I am a Eccie boy! I do not seek out the added excitement of finding out if I am going to get the girl in the ad or a crack head. I do not cruse the street looking for the best deal. Now, I know some do but I do enough gambling in the real world.

What does my community think?
Just a humble sagestion from a contributing Eccie boy.

It would be nice to hear from the man him self (St. C) on this issue.
And if it is a legal thing, please explain.

Salsa
What do you all think about allowing of the calling out on the fake pic. Originally Posted by Salsa man

I do call them out in Houston whenever I see them and it even states in the board rules that using fake pictures is not allowed on Eccie.
I vote to call them out on the spot. No need to be around the bush...
I do call them out in Houston whenever I see them and it even states in the board rules that using fake pictures is not allowed on Eccie. Originally Posted by Brooke Wild
Apparently there must be some grey area where the undesirables and possibly dangerous getting in. They're being protected by mods because there hands are tied to enforce the rules of the welcome board.

Some of my fellow gents have been spanked.
No one likes to get spanked unless asked.
I believe in SA it is simply not allowed to call them out in the Welcome Wagon. And no doubt the idea is to encourage girls to sign onto eccie, without scaring them away immediately. I suspect most girls (and a lot of guys too) sign up without even looking at the rules. Maybe the way to go is to point it out to the Mods, who can confirm it then remove the pics, with a message to the girl, simply explaining the rules. Many of them probably assume this is like Backpage. So educate them. Before it explodes in their face.

Sadly, some ladies who have been on eccie a while still occasionally use fake pics. {sigh}
Yes, please call them out. It gives us real honest ladies an easier time. That type of deception in this biz is of the worst kind so please blow your whistle happily and throw the red flags.

I believe less moderation is the best moderation. To be honest, ECCIE has too many rules (many of them are dubious).

I say keep posting away whenever and wherever you may seem fit. Also, if you think a mod is "protecting" a girl, call the mod out as well. It happens, and it is wrong. I also think mods should have to justify any actions to the site admin. This site should allow a free flow of information-- the good, the bad and the ugly. I think most of us are smart enough to wade through the Bull Shit.
Apparently there must be some grey area where the undesirables and possibly dangerous getting in. They're being protected by mods because there hands are tied to enforce the rules of the welcome board.

Some of my fellow gents have been spanked.
No one likes to get spanked unless asked. Originally Posted by Salsa man
Salsa man, this is not the ideal solution, but it is a solution nonetheless -- Until the rules of the Welcome forum change, I see two options:

1. If we see a pic that we know to be absolutely phony, we post a thread in Coed, titled something like, "Interesting Coincidence", with a hyperlink to the Welcome forum posting, and a hyperlink to the pics of the celeb -- and a comment like, "Gee, I didn't know Sunny Lane (or whomever) is joining our community!" There are no rules against calling "Bullshit!" in the Coed forum, are there?

2. If we actually book an appointment with, and see, someone whose pics are false, vice outdated, we post a review, and include in the Physical Description section a comment like, "IN NO WAY RESEMBLES THE FALSIFIED PICS SHE'S POSTED" (and include hyperlink(s) to the thread with the falsified pics) -- and, yes, make the comment in bold red caps. This way, EVERYONE -- even newbies, who lack access to the ROS section -- will be alerted to the deception, and the guilty party will see her business with this community dry up like bird shit on a scorching August afternoon in San Antonio.
I called someone out for posting a "fake" ad in the Big D Welcome Wagon, well, at least a stolen ad, lifted nearly word for word from another lady who had posted it a few days previously, albeit provider 2 WAS using her own pics. I got a warning and was basically told that the WW wasn't the proper place to debate the validity of a lady's claims. Perhaps. Seems to me any wannabe provider introducing herself in the WW ought to be called out in that thread if without a doubt she is misrepresenting herself.

We ought to start the new ladies out KNOWING that they are being scrutinized and lies/scams won't cut it here.

Just my 2 cents.
I think BushPilot has the right idea. Start a thread in coed with a link to the WW thread in question. I think you could probably also post in the WW thread with a simple link to the coed thread, i.e. cross-link them. I've seen a number of times in the Austin WW where someone will post a link to a girl's review(s), so I don't see why a link to the coed thread could not be posted. I understand the rules for the WW, and generally agree with the intent. I've seen too many instances where a girl just trying to get started gets dog-piled for some failing, real or perceived. But outright misrepresentation needs to be flagged. This is the best way to deal with that particular issue.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Rule 26 of the Forum Guidelines is quite clear about the use of false material in ads and it is also quite clear about what is to be done...

#26 - False advertising will not be permitted on ECCIE. If you utilize our forums, Showcase, or other advertising features, we ask that your tactics are straight-forward and accurate. If you choose to use images in your advertising, we require that the subject of the images are in fact you. Cases of alleged "false advertising" whether it be through inaccurate images or with text, should be reported to staff by the members using the RTM function. Investigation and appropriate actions will be taken, which may include removal of the false material and could possibly result in loss of ad-posting privileges.
So, use the icon that appears to the left of the post to report it to the Staff. Let them address it. It is not necessary to pile on in the threads in the Welcome/Introductions forum about the fake material. If you do not wish to welcome them then simply move on to another thread.
Hey, my ads have all kinds of false information in them.
No one likes to get spanked unless asked. Originally Posted by Salsa man
Alright McDreamy, I call bullshit right there.
I love getting spanked ,even when Im not asked.

just sayin.

But I do agree babe, just not fair. Call em out!
I have noticed some new dubious characters in the last year...even got excited when I thought I saw J-WOW joining in SA a few months ago...lol..
I was like, "who knew"..
ha
LUV YOU BABE!!
Alright McDreamy, I call bullshit right there.
I love getting spanked ,even when Im not asked.

just sayin.

But I do agree babe, just not fair. Call em out!
I have noticed some new dubious characters in the last year...even got excited when I thought I saw J-WOW joining in SA a few months ago...lol..
I was like, "who knew"..
ha
LUV YOU BABE!! Originally Posted by Hottassamelia
Love you too babe! Everybody has had some great suggestions on fixing this problem. And Mokoa thank you, I will definitely be using that little icon.