The Exhaustion of American Liberalism

An exceedingly well-written op-ed in the WSJ!

When I first started reading it, I thought it was by the Civil War historian - but that's Shelby Foote, not Shelby Steele. This guy is a black conservative. His article nails it and speaks the truth in a way that REALLY makes liberals uncomfortable.

The author is almost the same age as Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren. He knows how they think. They're both stuck in the Sixties and haven't had a new idea since Woodstock. Their "message" is incoherent - other than handing out free stuff and calling everyone who challenges them a racist or a bigot. Meanwhile, the world has moved on. Liberals like them have become an anachronism, except for a hard core of unrepentant, brain-dead followers like StandinShit. The most gratifying aspect of Trump's election is how it has completely marginalized the Sanders-Warren clique.
I watched FoxNews last night....Tucker Carlson interviewed Mr. Steele for 8 to 10 minutes (per this topic). Quite honestly, Carlson could have had him on the entirety of his program; it was pretty fascinating stuff.